What's new

Engraved Silver whatsit?

mpostma

Bronze Member
Joined
Jul 21, 2008
Messages
1,269
Reaction score
15
Golden Thread
0
Location
East Jordan, Michigan
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac & Quattro
Found this in Michigan's Upper Peninsula. I was hunting where there once was a row of workers cabins, used for the more highly paid in the logging town. Was in use late 1800s and very early in the 1900s. Much of the town was later turned into a resort, but these old cabins were torn down, as they were not good enough to be a part of the new resort. I have found parts of lanterns, saw blades, brass pieces, harmonica parts, cobbler's tools, stencils etc.
This is the onyl silver tone I have gotten in there, and it was a perfect tone, and ID for a nice silver coin. But when I dug it out........

5/8" wide, 1 1/2" diameter. Engraving goes about 2/3 of the way around it. No marks on the inside that I have found so far, and none besides the engraving on the front.

Anyone have any ideas?

Thanks,
Mark
 

Attachments

  • blaney whatsit.webp
    blaney whatsit.webp
    62.4 KB · Views: 575
  • blaney whatsit.webp
    blaney whatsit.webp
    62.4 KB · Views: 554
My mother and wife guess that also. We just could not figure out what a silver napkin ring would be doing in a lumber town cabin.
Mark
 
Upvote 0
just-geese said:
By the size of it I would guess its a napkin ring
J-G

agreed
 
Upvote 0
I wonder if it could be a ladies scarf ring
 

Attachments

  • silver scarf ring.webp
    silver scarf ring.webp
    17.9 KB · Views: 394
Upvote 0
Lumberjacks would seem perfectly OK with napkin rings if you ever saw the Monty Python's version of "The Lumberjack Song". ;D ;D Monty
 
Upvote 0
Ya most likely a napkin ring...
 

Attachments

  • 2 566.webp
    2 566.webp
    36 KB · Views: 283
Upvote 0

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom