What's new

Epic Civil War relic hunt.

Jacobsdt

Full Member
Joined
Jan 9, 2012
Messages
229
Reaction score
805
Golden Thread
0
Location
VA
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, Fisher F75 ltd, Garrett Pro Pointer and a little luck
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
My friend and I met up at dawn this morning and decidedto hit the woods around my road. I had been out there a few times and didn’tfind much, so I wasn’t too excited about it but we have been running out ofareas to go. I got permission from the owner who lives down the street and offwe went. We covered a lot of territory and about 5 hours later all I had toshow for it was a pouch full of old shot gun shells and one Indian Head Penny,1895 (cool).
I was ready to give up when I dug up an old horse shoe so I hookedit to my belt hoping for a little luck. A few minutes later, I get a really goodhit, sounded like another beer can. I dug about 12 inches down looking for thisthing, when I see the round end of a box plate. I felt like those guys onAmerican Pickers, I threw off my head phones and walked in circles for a fewminutes before I pulled it out of the ground. I couldn’t see my friend so Icall him and let him know. About 10 feet away, I dig an Eagle Breast plate. Iwas on cloud 9. I called my partner again and told him he needed to get overhere if he wanted to find something good. On his way over to me, he digs a USbox plate. At this point a thunder storm starts rolling in so we had to takeoff, can’t wait to get back and see what else is there. Thanks for looking andHH.

1.webp 2.webp
3.webp Cleaned up nice!

4.webp 5.webp This one has some good detail in it.

6.webp 7.webp I was really hoping this was civil war, but it looks like a dandy button? Found it near the plates.

8.webp Found this C button, anyone know anything about it?

9.webp This is the plate my friend found.

10.webp This bullet has been carved on.

11.webp All three plates for the day, such a good site. Probably not happen again........

12.webp Total for the day, not to bad for such a slow start. This day was awesome!!!!!!


 
Upvote 56
Outstanding Banner hunt. A box plate and a breast plate....two actually. Probably more to come from this site, keep us posted:thumbsup:
 
awesome hunt. Great finds, keep it up
 
Great day in the morning.
 
great_find.gif
Nice finds! Thanks for sharing...
 
That's a hunt of a lifetime!!!! Congrats. Looks like you have a honey hole!

HH, Relic Nut
 
Great Day!

Looks more like a rosette.
 
Sure does look like a sweet spot,those are some nice plates!
 
So I see this post title with the word "Epic" in today's finds and before I click on it I think "Epic? Yeah right... probably just a couple bullets or something!"

Holy :censored: It was insanely EPIC! Absolutely incredible hunt Jacobsdt. Cant wait for your return trip to see what else turns up. Awesome job man.
 
Now THAT is a great Civil War hunt! Good lord!
 
Awesome is all I can say. Extremely jealous lol. Codo's to you and your partner. HH!
 
Banner. Cool buckles.
 
It doesn't get any better than that! Super finds! Good luck on your return visit!!
 
Thanks everyone, it was one of my best days to date with relic hunting. I didn't get a lot of sleep waiting to get back out there. I wanted to go early again, but I had other things that needed taken care of first (my girls needing taken to different places and such). I made it back out with my friend in the afternoon and we pounded that whole area. I found one 3 ring bullet and one 45 pistol bullet. My friend found nothing at all? Talk about disappointed, ???. How could we have found these three plates, a silver spoon, harmonica reeds, and a few bullets. Maybe it was just a quick stop over? Still a great time, love being out there in the woods. Thanks again all, and HH.
 
Great finds man that one should be in the record books!
 
Wow Great finds I would love to have any of those in my collection!! Great Job!!!!!!
 
ONLY IN MY FREAKING DREAMS AWESOME FINDS This girl is envious.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom