Equinox 600/800 coil stiffeners

Nov 25, 2018
Detector(s) used
Equinox 600
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
On two separate occasions I had my 11” coil ears break off my equinox 600. Both times coil covered by warranty. However, looking to get information and recommendations on these coil stiffeners. If someone has any experience with using one would be great to hear from you.

Do they work?
Do they last?
Where is a good source to purchase one?
Where can you get the 3D file to print own for free?

Thanks

midalake

Bronze Member
Aug 25, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
On two separate occasions I had my 11” coil ears break off my equinox 600. Both times coil covered by warranty. However, looking to get information and recommendations on these coil stiffeners. If someone has any experience with using one would be great to hear from you.

Do they work?
Do they last?
Where is a good source to purchase one?
Where can you get the 3D file to print own for free?

Thanks

Try to get coil stiffeners made of solid material [not infill material]

I actually Marine Epoxied mine to the coil. Then I made a custom pair of side plates for either side. My coil ears will NEVER break! A member on another forum made some for me.

coil 2.jpg
coil 1.jpg

Last edited:

Clevelandd

Jun 23, 2021
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Like the title says, I’m looking to upgrade my current set up (Garret Ace 300) to either a Nox 800 or 600. I was curious if there are any users of either model willing to weigh in. I do some gold panning/prospecting but lots of parks/relic as well. I was wondering if the 2 single frequencies and gold mode on the 800 are worth the extra $ or would the money be better spent on a 600 and eventually another coil. Thanks!

official website

Last edited:

ColonelDan

Jan 19, 2014
Central Florida
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Deus II
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
I've used coil ear stiffeners on three coils and the ears broke anyway. Fortunately, the coils were still under warranty. The way for the individual to fix this issue permanently is how midalake fixed his and I intend to do the same. The ultimate fix however is for Minelab to improve the coil ear design and manufacture...and it would be a simple modification...just make them thicker and stronger.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions