Equinox 600, ready, set, go.. I Hope.

Metalarchsc, I owned a 600 and Deus. Sold the 600. I didn't want the extra cash tied up in another machine so sold it, PLUS I haven't done the beaches hardly at all since 2017, so just don't need another machine. I already had a backup machine.

Last edited:
I wonder how many Deus owners wished they bought a Nox? I’m not feeling it with my Nox like most that own then do. I bought it for water hunting which I really don’t do much of.
Metalarchsc, I owned a 600 and Deus. Sold the 600. Did not meet advertised hype and didn't want the extra cash tied up in another machine so sold it. I already had a backup machine.
That's why they make so many different machines. Everyone has their preference and needs. It does seem that most Nox users really like them. I know I like it better than my ATPro and that was not a bad machine either.

I saw a $80 machine dig a gold coin at the beach once. I get a laugh out of some folks who metal detect. I especially like the ones that RUN through a site and the ones that swing the loop a good 7" off the ground. Priceless! They might as well be swinging a broom with a pie pan on the end.

I wish there was a really "smart" relic machine out there, but there is not at this time. I suppose I have probably purchased my last machine. The cat's getting old.

I saw a $80 machine dig a gold coin at the beach once. I get a laugh out of some folks who metal detect. I especially like the ones that RUN through a site and the ones that swing the loop a good 7" off the ground. Priceless! They might as well be swinging a broom with a pie pan on the end.

I wish there was a really "smart" relic machine out there, but there is not at this time. I suppose I have probably purchased my last machine. The cat's getting old.

You right, and THIS "cat" is getting old, too - at 73yrs but still wanting to keep doing hard core hunts, going low and slow, for the entire day...!
Maybe my handle should be the EverReadyBunny...!, huh?
My two machines serve me well, but am looking for that ultimate machine too - for my "Retirement Years"...!

I am retired. I will always need a sturdily built machine under 2 pounds or so. But again, I doubt I'll buy another one, unless they really do come up with something revolutionary. I don't go like I used to, that's for sure.

Once I get down to the farm I hunt I will do some comparisons, 600 and T2. My t2 has always take care of me down there and the 600 will have some big shoes to fill in that aspect. I do have Nel sharpshooter (love that coil) on my t2 right now and due to size it takes time to search my area. (It’s MANY acres and I have only scratched the surface) The larger coil one the 600 may be an advantage.

The 600 with stock coil will outshine the T2 in a trashy site. It's a faster machine in general and just as deep or deeper. Especially in mineralized dirt.

I have an 800 and 600 along with an F75 and the Equinox beats the F75. The Fisher is a great machine but not quite the unmasker the Equinox is. Thats JMO though.

From what I've heard the 6" coil for the noxes is a winner.

The 600 with stock coil will outshine the T2 in a trashy site. It's a faster machine in general and just as deep or deeper. Especially in mineralized dirt.

I have an 800 and 600 along with an F75 and the Equinox beats the F75. The Fisher is a great machine but not quite the unmasker the Equinox is. Thats JMO though.

I owned the T2 se at one time. Used it like 3 times. Nox is way better. That being said, it’s just not my cup of tea.

To the OP, let us know what you find. You should have a lot of fun with it. Do not overtweak at first, use a preset for now.

To the OP, let us know what you find. You should have a lot of fun with it. Do not overtweak at first, use a preset for now.
Will do. So far it's a trash, some old horse stuff, BP Balls (I Believe, lead rounds at least) and lots of buttons kinda site. The farm is big and old, same family for years. I'm hoping for a jackpot someday there.

Will do. So far it's a trash, some old horse stuff, BP Balls (I Believe, lead rounds at least) and lots of buttons kinda site. The farm is big and old, same family for years. I'm hoping for a jackpot someday there.
That's the kind of place relic hunters dream about. Appreciate what you have.

Well I got down to the farm today, area was limited The corn is all in and even my favorite field which is in the foreground of 1st picture is corn. Normally this front field is used for some kind of , for lack of better words, grass and dirt. It’s a 200 x maybe 600’ area and now it’s, what I was told, planted with winter corn along with the rest of the acreage which is harvested in late October. I guess their summer corn, if that’s a thing, is down on the other part of the farm and I should have asked when they harvest that, which they may have started due to the fact there were bushel baskets on a flatbed truck loaded with corn coming from the front barn. Anyway enough corn talk.
I was able to detect the dirt road sides, just by my truck, for now. There about 15’ wide and grass. Anyway, littered with trash and not a great time, especially for learning.
So off I went to a small park I passed on the way. 2nd picture.
Well, a great place to see what this 600 is all about.. HAPPY SMILE
Powered on, field 1, noise cancel, GB’ed at 40 and left all other setting where they were. Very, very stable and quiet on sensitivity 20 and only shouted to me when I swung over a target. I dug modern change, a bit of trash, (not much), a long pipe and toward the end just hit targets without digging. It is so much more quieter than my T2. Very happy first time.

Attachments

• D9E8508F-BB2E-466D-8192-71C2C0C08E3B.jpeg
    D9E8508F-BB2E-466D-8192-71C2C0C08E3B.jpeg
    687.7 KB · Views: 40
  • C45DB132-475A-4AA0-B8C1-1C3A659C55B3.jpeg
    C45DB132-475A-4AA0-B8C1-1C3A659C55B3.jpeg
    635.1 KB · Views: 46
Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back