What's new

Equinox 800 - 600 question

RME

Greenie
Joined
Apr 8, 2019
Messages
14
Reaction score
37
Golden Thread
0
Location
North Myrtle Beach, S.C.
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 350
Garrett Pro-Pointer AT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Has anyone here used the Equinox 800 or 600 in Culpeper? How did it work out for you and is there a preference one over the other. I know the 600 lacks a few features that the 800 has but does it still operate as well in the Culpeper type soil?
 
Upvote 0
I have the 800
 
I dig in the Culpeper Red Dirt from Perdition. I dig there frequently. It has a problem with iron items and will not go real deep, which is common for a vlf detector, multi frequency or not. I did a head to head last year with Vferrari, he had the 800 and I had the XP Deus. XP Deus nosed him out by 1 item or so, but as both are vlf machines, you get the same problem with both, lack of depth. You won't get a lot of depth with it, but it will work there.
 
Turn up iron bias to 2-3 and u should be ok, I live in an area with an extreme amount of iron in soil and it seems to work just fine but I have the 800, dont think the 600 has the advanced settings.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom