Equinox continues to pull silver out of pounded sites

Echoplex

Feb 28, 2015
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800, MXT All Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
This apple tree was nice enough to give me 2 silvers today. I have swung under this tree several times in the past with my MXT and see detectorists out at this site almost weekly, but the Nox managed to squeak out these coins between all the trash.

Metal-Detecting-Easter.jpg

Upvote 26

Ogre1190

Bronze Member
Mar 31, 2015
Northern Illinois
Detector(s) used
MineLab E-Trac, MineLab Safari, MineLab Explorer XS,
White's 5000 D, White's 6DB, White's 5000 D GEB
Sunray X-1 for the ML's, Garrett PP for the White's and a Backhoe
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Nicely done! 🙌 Hope I have the kinda luck you're having with my new 600. 😁

treblehunter

Gold Member
Jun 18, 2013
New Jersey
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excalibur II
XP Deus
Garrett pro pointer
XP Deus MI-6 pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Were they all in the same hole? That looks like a pretty nice place to hunt. Three coins together can make for a different sound? Congrats on success with your new machine. Are they waterproof?

OP
OP
Echoplex

Echoplex

Feb 28, 2015
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800, MXT All Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Were they all in the same hole? That looks like a pretty nice place to hunt. Three coins together can make for a different sound? Congrats on success with your new machine. Are they waterproof?

Different holes, tons of trash under those trees. Yes, the Nox is completely submersible up to 10 feet. HH!

Aug 5, 2015
Detector(s) used
Entry level POS that I found in the thickets along a river.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ugh. It looks like I am saving up my dirty pennies now for an Equinox. I just got done saving my dirty pennies for an XP Deus.

Oct 5, 2014
Massachusetts
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett: AT Pro, AT Gold & Infinium; Minelab: Explorer SE, II; Simplex; Tesoro: Tejon & Outlaw; White's: V3i
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Congratulations for sniffing out the nice old coins! :occasion14:

wbrown62

Tenderfoot
May 21, 2015
Northeast Texas
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro;
Garrett AT Max;
Minelab Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
What settings are you running on your Nox? I have started using my 800 at a pounded site that I felt like I cleaned out with the Pro and Max. I have now started hitting it with the Nox, but havent come across anything I missed with the others, yet. Im running Park 2 with sensitivity around 22 or so. Nice coins!

OP
OP
Echoplex

Echoplex

Feb 28, 2015
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800, MXT All Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
What settings are you running on your Nox? I have started using my 800 at a pounded site that I felt like I cleaned out with the Pro and Max. I have now started hitting it with the Nox, but havent come across anything I missed with the others, yet. Im running Park 2 with sensitivity around 22 or so. Nice coins!

Optimal for me is: Field2, sens at 22 and up, bias between 0 and 2, recovery at 4. I bumped recovery up to 6 under that tree to get better-defined tones in the trash. HH!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread