What's new

Equinox vs Etrac

IN DA HOLE

Banned
Joined
Sep 18, 2017
Messages
98
Reaction score
139
Golden Thread
0
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If you had the choice between getting an Equinox or an Etrac which would you choose and why. I mostly relic hunt in wooded areas and use an XP Deus, but looking for something to compliment it. Any ideas or suggestions welcome.

Thanks
 
Either one, then sell it. :laughing7: Sorry. Oops, still have the Etrac, haven’t used it in years, the older tech is better.
 
The main reason I wouldn't purchase a Nox after owning an E-TRAC is I don't want to give up the ferrous target number displayed along with the conductive target number.
 
The main reason I wouldn't purchase a Nox after owning an E-TRAC is I don't want to give up the ferrous target number displayed along with the conductive target number.

Thanks, Fistfulladirt and SD51,

Those are my feelings also. I really like the display on the Etrac and find myself more of a visual hunter rather than relying 100% on my ears. I would get a CTX but its way too heavy to lug around in the places that I like to hunt. I don't water hunt so that's not an issue there.

Is there any reason to get a Nox over the Etrac other than it being newer technology? I dont think it is much deeper and maybe target separation is better and its lighter but my Deus covers that.

Would I be wasting money getting either or is there a benefit that the Deus lacks?
 
Last edited:
Comparing Nox to ETrack is like comparing apples to oranges. Nox isn't in same class as the ETrac, just like it is not in same class as 3030. I have owned all 3 and still own Nox and 3030.
 
Comparing Nox to ETrack is like comparing apples to oranges. Nox isn't in same class as the ETrac, just like it is not in same class as 3030. I have owned all 3 and still own Nox and 3030.

Each machine is different I get it. Would you care to explain what you think is so different and which you would recommend ?
 
Both 3030 and Etrac give you both ferrous and conductive ID numbers for targets Nox has total of 49 TID, and no breakdown of ferrous and conductive content, both 3030 and ETrac give you far more depth. The Nox was never designed to compete or replace them, it was designed as a mid range detector.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom