What's new

Error penny or not? {new pics}

chrisplay2004

Hero Member
Joined
Feb 28, 2008
Messages
679
Reaction score
70
Golden Thread
0
Location
New Mexico
Detector(s) used
Fisher F2 with 4" & 8" Coil, and F-Point Pinpointer, Whites Eagle II, Bounty Hunter Fortune Hunter, Modified VLF WaterDetector
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
"Please see new pics"
Found this penny on a coinstar machine today. It is missing part of the date and part of the penny.
When I googled "error penny missing date" the very first picture that came up was also a 197?
However, after looking at many error pennies I did not find one like mine.
The first 2 pics are of mine and the last one is the one I found online
Any ideas, thanks
 

Attachments

  • IMG_0947.webp
    IMG_0947.webp
    11.3 KB · Views: 324
  • IMG_0948.webp
    IMG_0948.webp
    13.5 KB · Views: 342
  • 197__%20Penny.webp
    197__%20Penny.webp
    9.3 KB · Views: 428
Re: Error penny or not?

No error, just damaged. You can tell the damage is more recent, it is shiny while the rest of the coin is toned.
 
Upvote 0
Re: Error penny or not?

Actually, I forgot to mention I took those pics while it was on top of a shiny penny.
Here is another pic not on the other penny and another of the side.
The side that is cut off is not shiny but the other side was slightly probably from the coin star.
However, I will not discount the fact that it may have been damaged, but long ago.
 

Attachments

  • IMG_0943.webp
    IMG_0943.webp
    11 KB · Views: 349
  • IMG_0944.webp
    IMG_0944.webp
    9.7 KB · Views: 355
Upvote 0
Re: Error penny or not?

Oops. Forgot this one.. :dontknow:
 

Attachments

  • IMG_0949.webp
    IMG_0949.webp
    14.6 KB · Views: 324
Upvote 0
Ah, OK now I get it! It still looks to me like damage done after it left the mint, like someone ground part of it away. Hard to say for sure though.
 
Upvote 0

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom