What's new

Errors and varieties

Shake-N-Bake

Hero Member
Joined
Dec 5, 2007
Messages
647
Reaction score
1
Golden Thread
0
As many of you see on here there is A LOT of error and variety coins out there. I have heard of some on here that I have never heard of before. I figure we could use this post to post different coin errors and varieties. It would be great if you could put a picture of both ways( error and nonerror).

I will start by posting pics of the 1999 wide AM on reverse in the word AMERICA. Also according to "coin Values" price guide there is also the following varieties one these dates:

1992 Close "AM" in america
1992D Close "AM" in america
1998 Wide AM
1998S Close AM
1999 Wide AM
1999S Close AM
2000 Wide AM

The first picture is a 1999 Wide "AM" eerror that I found, the second is an ad I saw in a magazine, and the third is an everyday 1999 coin
Thanks for posting and helping out other CRHers spot errors and varieties.

Jason
 

Attachments

  • wideAM2.webp
    wideAM2.webp
    23.5 KB · Views: 240
  • wideAM2.webp
    wideAM2.webp
    23.5 KB · Views: 205
  • wideAMad.webp
    wideAMad.webp
    20.6 KB · Views: 215
  • wideAMnonerror.webp
    wideAMnonerror.webp
    20.1 KB · Views: 224
Upvote 0
:thumbsup:Great find! I'm still searching my first box of cents trying to find one. Would be nice to find a doubled die (1972, 1983, 1984, 1995) too. Tough to do quantity when looking at each cent under a loop but one good find will make it worth it.


Happy Hunting
Rich
 
For penny errors....try http://www.coppercoins.com/ and if you try looking for every error they list.....it'll take you days to go through a box...I tried once....too much work...

The other error site that I found with pics is http://www.numismedia.com/coinguys/top50kenn.shtml which lists a few of each denomination.

Searching for errors cuts way down on the volume if time is a constraint, though the payoff can be nice if you find a good one.

My best find when I did search for penny errors was the 1992-D close AM a couple years ago. Still not sure what it's value is, but it only cost me a penny. :)
 
GMan00001 said:
For penny errors....try http://www.coppercoins.com/ and if you try looking for every error they list.....it'll take you days to go through a box...I tried once....too much work...

The other error site that I found with pics is http://www.numismedia.com/coinguys/top50kenn.shtml which lists a few of each denomination.

Searching for errors cuts way down on the volume if time is a constraint, though the payoff can be nice if you find a good one.

My best find when I did search for penny errors was the 1992-D close AM a couple years ago. Still not sure what it's value is, but it only cost me a penny. :)
Checked out the sites this morning. Lot of interesting and usefull information. Thanks for the heads up.

Rich
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom