ForumRunner_20131026_213040.png
    146.4 KB · Views: 82
  • ForumRunner_20131026_213107.png
    ForumRunner_20131026_213107.png
    135.5 KB · Views: 103
  • ForumRunner_20131026_213120.png
    ForumRunner_20131026_213120.png
    141.6 KB · Views: 96
I had a similar experience a few months ago where I found almost 300 coins together and one wheat cent. I think that there was a jar full of coins that was shattered. None of them where deeper then 3 inches.

I've never used a Etrac but I hear great things about it. Unlike most that graduate through the Minelab ranks, I jumped feet first and bought a CTX a few months ago.

Talk about coin magnet, I am not kidding when I say that I can grid a field and literally find the only coin in it with my Minelab.

Last edited:
Minelab's are great. I have had my etrac for a couple of months and it has impressed me. I know my old dfx wouldn't have found all those dimes yesterday mixed in with the iron. It is a good machine but this etrac is superior in iron laiden ground. I haven't found too many older coins with it yet but that is because of the places I have hunted, mainly my old sites I have picked pretty good, but this etrac found targets I missed with the dfx. I plan on hitting a high school built in the 30s soon and see what she will do.

Went out today for about 3 hours and found quite a few clad. I kept pulling dimes out of a spot about 36 inches in circumference. All with iron around and I was in multi tone. Found one wheatie a 56. That was the oldest but it sure was a lot of fun.

You can say that again! The Minelab E-Trac has found me more silver than all my machines put together!

Minelab's are great. I have had my etrac for a couple of months and it has impressed me. I know my old dfx wouldn't have found all those dimes yesterday mixed in with the iron. It is a good machine but this etrac is superior in iron laiden ground. I haven't found too many older coins with it yet but that is because of the places I have hunted, mainly my old sites I have picked pretty good, but this etrac found targets I missed with the dfx. I plan on hitting a high school built in the 30s soon and see what she will do.

Now I had a member tell me a few weeks ago that an Etrac wasn't suitable for iron infested sites! Lol. All concluded from a worthless air test.

Now I had a member tell me a few weeks ago that an Etrac wasn't suitable for iron infested sites! Lol. All concluded from a worthless air test.

Lol must be one of those counterfeit minelabs he used. I am by no means experienced as some on this forum but I have owned bounty hunters, garretts, fishers, whites, and now minelab, and for me nothing comes close to ignoring iron like this etrac. I didn't think it was possible to give this clean a signal next to iron, but it does.

Its pretty hard to beat a Etrac or CTX in iron infested areas. Just go slow, and don't be afraid to use a small coil. Those little Sunray X5s have some amazing seperation.

Yeah if they were air testing a E-Trac or even testing on a freshly buried coin they are not getting anywhere near a true test. They HAVE to be in the ground for at least a year for a accurate result on the Minelabs. Single frequencies its not so much of a difference.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back