All Treasure Hunting

Don in SJ

Silver Member
May 20, 2005
Detector(s) used
MINELAB SE Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Brian, do you know if the cover is the same as on the SE Pro? When I received by SE Pro in November, one of the first things I noticed was the battery cover was a tad different from my originial XS one but the Grey Ghosts NDT's do push in far enough that I have had no problem, but it does appear it is not pushing in as far as I think it should but so far there has been no issue with that.

Don

OP
OP
baspinall

baspinall

Bronze Member
Jul 23, 2006
Pennsylvania
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Minelab Equinox 800
GPX 4500
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Don, I think it's the same cover but not 100 % positive. My HP's work but when I bump the jack it stutters or misses. I remove the battery jacket and plug in and it is much more stable. Not that big of deal, I can fix it but was curious if it was a common issue.

Brian

Scar

Dec 25, 2010
Maybe the plug for the headphones is too short. I have an E-Trac but mine is brand new and the stock Koss headphones have about a quarter of an inch left before bottoming out.

OP
OP
baspinall

baspinall

Bronze Member
Jul 23, 2006
Pennsylvania
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Minelab Equinox 800
GPX 4500
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Scar said:
Maybe the plug for the headphones is too short. I have an E-Trac but mine is brand new and the stock Koss headphones have about a quarter of an inch left before bottoming out.

Good point. I'll have a look and measure the two side by side. Never really used the Koss HP'S yet, to big for my noggin :laughing7:

EZrider

Mar 10, 2008
Georgia
Detector(s) used
XP ORX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have been using Grey Ghost ultimates with me ET since it came out three years ago. Never had a problem. :dontknow:

Scar

Dec 25, 2010
I have a big Head. Just trying to get use to detecting, never picked up a machine until buying a machine from 4-H over the Christmas holidays. So I am no expert by any means.

Jeff In North Georgia

Aug 23, 2006
Suwanee, Georgia
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030, Fisher F75+
I've gotten a few headphone cable plugs were not molded correctly and the 1/4" metal portion would not go far enough into the receptacle for them to mate properly. Check it against another plug.

If the metal portion is too short, you may be able to take a razor blade or utility knife and trim a little away from the plastic portion of the connector to make it a proper fit.

Jason in Enid

Gold Member
Oct 10, 2009
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I've never had this problem on mine. What headphones are you using?

OP
OP
baspinall

baspinall

Bronze Member
Jul 23, 2006
Pennsylvania
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Minelab Equinox 800
GPX 4500