- Joined
- Feb 3, 2009
- Messages
- 52,332
- Reaction score
- 207,566
- Golden Thread
- 1
- Location
- Eastern Ontario Canada
- 🥇 Banner finds
- 1
- Detector(s) used
- Deus, Deus 2, Minelab 3030, E-Trac,
- Primary Interest:
- Relic Hunting
Have been offered up detecting two sites in the last 10 yrs by property owners.
First was a site of a cellar hole and was given permission. He pointed out the tract of field on the other side of the barn and stated that it was a native burial ground, and I could hunt it all I wanted as it didn't matter.
"Thank you-but no thank you"
Second one was just a yr back now and the farmer told me of the trail that led up to a forgotten cemetery and that I could hunt around the graves all I wanted.
"I explained that it wasn't a place to detect, but thanked him anyways"
First was a site of a cellar hole and was given permission. He pointed out the tract of field on the other side of the barn and stated that it was a native burial ground, and I could hunt it all I wanted as it didn't matter.
"Thank you-but no thank you"
Second one was just a yr back now and the farmer told me of the trail that led up to a forgotten cemetery and that I could hunt around the graves all I wanted.
"I explained that it wasn't a place to detect, but thanked him anyways"
. Dawned on me... Very remote abandoned native graveyard. umm nope , switched off and walked away. Thinking back it was very quiet signal wise. On the upside I found a silver three pence later that day when I got back to where I was supposed to be.







