Ever find one of these at the beach?

DanFL1962

Jan 8, 2010
Lawrence County, PA & Brevard County, Florida
Detector(s) used
AT-Pro & BHID
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
I thought I was the only person who carried one of these everywhere I go! :)

10xLoupe.jpg

I don't post finds very often but I got a good chuckle when this appeared at the bottom of my scoop. So I had to share it. (10X Loupe)

Tropical Depression Bonnie is south of us but the seas at Cocoa Beach tonight kept me at the waters edge. Found it in ankle deep water.

Upvote 0

Silver Surfer

Bronze Member
Oct 6, 2009
Florida- Somewhere in the middle
Detector(s) used
MXT 300/Excal II/Surf Dual Field
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
DanFL1962 said:
Tropical Depression Bonnie is south of us but the seas at Cocoa Beach tonight kept me at the waters edge. Found it in ankle deep water.
Should have seen the Gulf side today.... At Bonita and Ft Myers, there wasnt even really a beach to speak of.. Water levels are crazy high... The "chair line" was as close as they could get it to the buildings, and the waves were coming up to the legs... I hunted with Snooksion and that guy just wont give up.. After about 8 hrs of trying to stay on target to scoop, and getting pounded and thrown all over, I finally said enough is enough.. He is still out there hunting, will probably find gold..
It's bad enough to be slammed all over the place for clad, even silver jewelry.. But trying 15 minutes to keep the scoop in one place and dig a hole, and then come up with a tab or bottle cap just isnt fun, and if your'e not having fun, then why do it??

I'm hoping these nasty currents and waves move some sand and open up a few holes..

Nice loop, must have been another detector that dropped it..

colorado14ers

Bronze Member
Jul 3, 2010
Naples, Fl
Detector(s) used
whites M6, Surfmaster PI
Silver Surfer said:
DanFL1962 said:
Should have seen the Gulf side today.... At Bonita and Ft Myers, there wasnt even really a beach to speak of.. Water levels are crazy high... The "chair line" was as close as they could get it to the buildings, and the waves were coming up to the legs... I hunted with Snooksion and that guy just wont give up.. After about 8 hrs of trying to stay on target to scoop, and getting pounded and thrown all over, I finally said enough is enough.. He is still out there hunting, will probably find gold..
It's bad enough to be slammed all over the place for clad, even silver jewelry.. But trying 15 minutes to keep the scoop in one place and dig a hole, and then come up with a tab or bottle cap just isnt fun, and if your'e not having fun, then why do it??

I'm hoping these nasty currents and waves move some sand and open up a few holes..

i live in naples and i havent been to the beach yet today but im going out monday to see if the storm left me anything. I see you mentioned Fort Myers, where do you live?

OP
OP
DanFL1962

DanFL1962

Jan 8, 2010
Lawrence County, PA & Brevard County, Florida
Detector(s) used
AT-Pro & BHID
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting

Yeah, its bad enough bracing for a target in "normal" surf. I went back out tonight, the seas around Cocoa were down to about 3 feet. But I still got tossed around like a rag doll. Spent 20 minutes in one spot....to recover a dime and two pennies. I kept justifying it to myself...saying...its good exercise...But finally had to throw in the towel.

Silver Surfer

Bronze Member
Oct 6, 2009
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
colorado14ers said:
Silver Surfer said:
DanFL1962 said:

i live in naples and i havent been to the beach yet today but im going out monday to see if the storm left me anything. I see you mentioned Fort Myers, where do you live?
About 1 1/2 hrs northeast of there... That is why it REALLY SUCKS to spend the time and gas to go over there and find those conditions.. The weather sites I go to (as usual) got it wrong..
A LOT pf sand has been moved OFF the beach, which is probably not good.. But hopefully, the currents will open some holes.. Best of luck!

detectahead

Silver Member
Dec 1, 2007
Western, N.C.
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Equinox 600, Bandido UMax II, Fisher F5, Tiger Shark, Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Are there any live shot cams of the beach that you can look on to see what the conditions are? Just a thought

Silver Surfer

Bronze Member
Oct 6, 2009
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
detectahead said:
Are there any live shot cams of the beach that you can look on to see what the conditions are? Just a thought
Yeah, but when you check them at 5am, by 6:30 it can be a whole different game.. Wind USUALLY doesnt start up till noonish, but often kicks in by 9 or 10... It wasnt real bad when we started hunting at 7:30, but by 10 it was whipping... By noon, about every 5th wave was a good 4-5 ft and crashing by the time I said to heck with it..

extractor

Silver Member
Sep 27, 2007
Sal Sagev Adaven
Detector(s) used
E-TRAC,,,, SOVEREIGN GT,,,, GP 3500,,,,
GB PRO.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Well I don't carry one on me but there is one in the gear bag in the truck. :coffee2:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions