What's new

Ever have an embarrassing moment in this hobby?

WHADIFIND

Gold Member
Joined
Apr 9, 2012
Messages
12,680
Reaction score
43,404
Golden Thread
1
Location
South of the Mason-Dixon Line
🥇 Banner finds
1
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT-MAX
Garrett AT-PRO,
Garrett Groundhog,
Pro-Pointer,

Jack Hammer!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I had one of those non-stellar days today. Not "bad", just not stellar. I did however turn up an old war nickel in pretty good shape. Unfortunately, I managed to scratch it right across the face. (rookie mistake).

I moved on and was semi-gridding the place. On the way back to the car, I turned up another war nickel. About the same shape, was right on top, and when I looked a little closer, it had a scratch also. Hmmmmm, interesting. Right across the face too! Almost exactly where I....................wait a minute!!! I checked my found pouch. No nickel. I had just found the same one, TWICE!!! oH! HOW embarrassing!!!! LOL

Thought if anyone else out there had done this, they would now not feel so bad. :)

HH!
 
Upvote 139
I was about one year into the hobby and I needed some boots and yes as God is my witness I’m the one who bought the steel toe boots I have no you’ve heard about that happening but I felt so stupid for not putting two into together for about 30 minutes lol
It happens, either the steel toed boots or rings on your fingers trying to pinpoint and your pinpointer going nuts, not saying I have done either I am pleading the 5th to not self incriminate LOL
 
It happens, either the steel toed boots or rings on your fingers trying to pinpoint and your pinpointer going nuts, not saying I have done either I am pleading the 5th to not self incriminate LOL
Yeah buddy I did the ring to LOL
I had one of those non-stellar days today. Not "bad", just not stellar. I did however turn up an old war nickel in pretty good shape. Unfortunately, I managed to scratch it right across the face. (rookie mistake).

I moved on and was semi-gridding the place. On the way back to the car, I turned up another war nickel. About the same shape, was right on top, and when I looked a little closer, it had a scratch also. Hmmmmm, interesting. Right across the face too! Almost exactly where I....................wait a minute!!! I checked my found pouch. No nickel. I had just found the same one, TWICE!!! oH! HOW embarrassing!!!! LOL

Thought if anyone else out there had done this, they would now not feel so bad. :)

HH!
That’s what I’m here for LOL
 
This thread is so good lmao 🤣

Once, I was trying to break a root, so I jumped on my hand digger, and It snapped.
Another time I showed up without a pinpointer.
Also, nothing like digging a huge hole and the coin is on the surface.

This one was a few months ago. The detector was beeping everywhere, even when swung in the air. I spent like 15 minutes trying everything (adjusting setting, replacing batteries, etc). Well, it turned out I had attached a keychain to the coil cord, and over some time it slid from the top of the coil's cord down to the coil itself and was making the detector crazy.

Oh, this one was like a week ago in the woods. I looked down and there was a skeleton's HAND sticking out of the leaves! I started freaking out, wondering what to do. Eventually I decided to call my dad to come, and he took a look at it and plucked it out of a ground. Turns out it was a plastic replica. Scared the heck out of me though.
 
Boy did I in spades !!! I was in Alaska 1970 and I was above the Artic Circle at Mic Manns camp MDing his placer mining camp for two weeks and while there MDing my back had a problem and I needed to go sit down in the shade and give my lower back a rest. I was digging a hit when all this happened ! I figured , "NO PROBLEM" ! and I went over to rest the old back when some other person was working their way up this gravel bed and I heard a yell 1 i thought " OH S*** ! That was from the hole I just left for a break..........................................and yes he found the target I was digging on............and yes he dug a 1 1/2 OZ. GOLD NUGGET! .......... I left that hole and didn't leave my detector over the hole ! He found it ! And I;m still kicking myself over my D,A. mistake ! and it hurts still today when I think about it ! I know ! I know ! I've heard it over and over again :( :( :(
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom