WHADIFIND
Gold Member
- Joined
- Apr 9, 2012
- Messages
- 12,681
- Reaction score
- 43,404
- Golden Thread
- 1
- Location
- South of the Mason-Dixon Line
- 🥇 Banner finds
- 1
- Detector(s) used
- Garrett AT-MAX
Garrett AT-PRO,
Garrett Groundhog,
Pro-Pointer,
Jack Hammer!
- Primary Interest:
- All Treasure Hunting
I had one of those non-stellar days today. Not "bad", just not stellar. I did however turn up an old war nickel in pretty good shape. Unfortunately, I managed to scratch it right across the face. (rookie mistake).
I moved on and was semi-gridding the place. On the way back to the car, I turned up another war nickel. About the same shape, was right on top, and when I looked a little closer, it had a scratch also. Hmmmmm, interesting. Right across the face too! Almost exactly where I....................wait a minute!!! I checked my found pouch. No nickel. I had just found the same one, TWICE!!! oH! HOW embarrassing!!!! LOL
Thought if anyone else out there had done this, they would now not feel so bad.
HH!
I moved on and was semi-gridding the place. On the way back to the car, I turned up another war nickel. About the same shape, was right on top, and when I looked a little closer, it had a scratch also. Hmmmmm, interesting. Right across the face too! Almost exactly where I....................wait a minute!!! I checked my found pouch. No nickel. I had just found the same one, TWICE!!! oH! HOW embarrassing!!!! LOL
Thought if anyone else out there had done this, they would now not feel so bad.

HH!
Upvote
139

I've been embarrassed many times. One time I was detecting and trying to show off my machine to a bunch of friends and family. My aunt had secretly placed her gold ring on the ground. I went over it many times and she called me out on it... "How come your machine won't find my ring"
Another time I was hunting for about an hour, not finding anything. Getting upset that I can't find anything.
Only to discovery I had hunted an entire field never to have turned ON my machine... Haha !! 
(Hint? I've created a hook that hangs behind me and I just hang the scoop on that during normal swinging. Easier than trying to walk up steps and chew gum. LOL )






