Ever Wonder?

Gypsy Heart

Gold Member
Nov 29, 2005
Ozarks
1. Only in America......can a pizza get to your house faster than an ambulance.

2. Only in America......are there handicap parking places in front of a skating rink.

3. Only in America......do drugstores make the sick walk all the way to the back of the store to get their prescriptions while healthy people can buy cigarettes at the front.

4. Only in America......do people order double cheeseburgers, large fries, and a diet coke.

5. Only in America......do banks leave both doors open and then chain the pens to the counters.

6. Only in America......do we leave cars worth thousands of dollars in the driveway and put our useless junk in the garage.

7. Only in America......do we use answering machines to screen calls and then have call waiting so we won't miss a call from someone we didn't want to talk to in the first place.

8. Only in America......do we buy hot dogs in packages of ten and buns in packages of eight.

9. Only in America......do we use the word 'politics' to describe the process so well: 'Poli' in Latin meaning 'many' and 'tics' meaning 'bloodsucking creatures'

10. Only in America......do they have drive-up ATM's with Braille lettering.

EVER WONDER
Why the sun lightens our hair, but darkens our skin?

Why women can't put on mascara with their mouth closed?

Why don't you ever see the headline "Psychic Wins Lottery"?

Why is "abbreviated" such a long word?

Why is it that doctors call what they do "practice"?

Why is it that to stop Windows 98, you have to click .."?

Why is lemon juice made with artificial flavor, and dishwashing liquid made with real lemons?

Why is the man who invests all your money called a broker?

Why is the time of day with the slowest traffic called rush hour?

Why isn't there mouse-flavored cat food?

When dog food is new and improved tasting, who tests it?

Why didn't Noah swat those two mosquitoes?

Why do they sterilize the needle for lethal injections?

You know that indestructible black box that is used on airplanes? Why don't they make the whole plane out of that stuff??

Why don't sheep shrink when it rains?

Why are they called apartments when they are all stuck together?

If con is the opposite of pro, is Congress the opposite of progress?

If flying is so safe, why do they call the airport the terminal?

------------------
In case you needed further proof that the human race is doomed through stupidity, here are some actual label instructions on consumer goods:

On a Sears hairdryer: Do not use while sleeping. ( that's the only time I have to work on my hair).

On a bag of Fritos:! ..You could be a winner! No purchase necessary. Details inside. (the shoplifter special)?

On a bar of Dial soap: "Directions: Use like regular soap." (and that would be how???....)

On some Swanson frozen dinners: "Serving suggestion: Defrost." (but, it's "just" a suggestion).

On Tesco's Tiramisu dessert (printed on bottom): "Do not turn upside down." (well...duh, a bit late, huh)!

On Marks & Spencer Bread Pudding: "Product will be hot after heating." (...and you thought????...)

On packaging for a Rowenta iron: "Do not iron clothes on body." (but wouldn't this save me more time?)

On Boot's Children Cough Medicine: "Do not drive a car or operate machinery after taking this medication." (We could do a lot to reduce the rate of construction accidents if we could just get those 5-year-olds with head-colds off those forklifts.)

On Nytol Sleep Aid: "Warning: May cause drowsiness." (and.. .I'm taking this because???....)

On most brands of Christmas lights: "For indoor or outdoor use only." (as opposed to...what?)

On a Japanese food processor: "Not to be used for the other use." (now, somebody out there, help me on this. I'm a bit curious.) (Ok, It was supposed to be translated as " to be used for intended use only" basically what it means is don't use your food processor as a wood chipper people. lol)

On Sunsbury's peanuts: "Warning: contains nuts." (talk about a news flash)

On an American Airlines packet of nuts: "Instructions: Open packet, eat nuts." (Step 3: maybe, uh...fly Delta?)

On a child's superman costume: "Wearing of this garment does not enable you to fly." (I don't blame the company. I blame the parents for this one.)

On a Swedish chainsaw: "Do not attempt to stop chain with your hands or genitals." (..was there a lot of this happening somewhere?)

borninok

Bronze Member
Mar 29, 2007
Kerrville, TX
Detector(s) used
White's DFX: Minelab Excalibur 1000
Good ones, Gypsy! ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

Ever wonder how much deeper the ocean would be without sponges? ;D ;D
---Mel

borninok

OP
OP
Gypsy Heart

Gypsy Heart

Gold Member
Nov 29, 2005
Ozarks
bean man said:
Those are funny Gypsy! :D Except the last one, thats real. I've broken several chainsaw blades that way. ;D

I am crying .........rolling on the floor crying....were you sawing grape vines? LOL

bean man

Sep 2, 2006
Central Iowa
:) Gypsy, those grape vines are springy!

I hate to say this Stickshift, but if you ask the guy whose arm I almost took off with a chainsaw, he would probably disagree, but I don't think that story belongs in the comedy section. :o

StickShift

Dec 1, 2005
USA
Careful with them chainsaws Bean man, I whacked my left leg a good one about 5 years ago, they have no mercy. ???

Glenns5900

Dec 14, 2005
Longmont, CO USA
Detector(s) used
Whites 5900 Di Pro (not SL) Old, but still good
Out here in the midwest we have Banquet TV dinners that have a small note on the front:

Serving suggestion:
Microwaveable

Darren in NC

Silver Member
Apr 1, 2004
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Sand Shark, Homebuilt pulse loop
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
If you want to fill out a form, you can fill in the blanks.

Slim chance and fat chance mean the same thing...

Michigan Badger

Gold Member
Oct 12, 2005
Northern, Michigan
Detector(s) used
willow stick
Primary Interest:
Other
borninok said:
Ever wonder how much deeper the ocean would be without sponges? ;D ;D
---Mel

borninok

Oh boy! That's a great line...hahaha! Love it! I'll use that one next time I speak!

"Ever wonder how much deeper the ocean would be without sponges?"

That has all sorts of applications!

GREAT THREAD gypsy! Those lines are so funny because they're so true!

Badger

geo4472

Feb 19, 2007
paterson nj
Detector(s) used
discovery 2000 , ace 250 & x-terra 50
or how about "hey did you hear what i found"and "do you see what i'm saying"

OP
OP
Gypsy Heart

Gypsy Heart

Gold Member
Nov 29, 2005
Ozarks
geo4472 said:
or how about "hey did you hear what i found"and "do you see what i'm saying"

Those are great ! LOL......I cant wait to see someone to tell them.....hahaha

Arakronn

Oct 13, 2005
De Pere/Green Bay Wisconsin
These remind me of the forwarded emails that EVERYBODY gets. You know....why is there a mailbox in front of the post office, why are apartments all stuck together, how do the snowplow drivers get to work......?

Well....who does an insurance agent call when he/she gets in an accident?

doozis

Jul 31, 2007
Virginia
Those are awesome Gypsy :)

Why do Americans boil their tea to make it hot
put ice in it to make it cold
put sugar in it to make it sweet
and put lemon in it to make it sour ???

Doozis

EDDE

Gold Member
Dec 7, 2004