Evil Black Rifles

GL

Bronze Member
Mar 2, 2008
South Central, NC
You know the ones. Flash hiders, bayonet lugs, high capacity magazines, folding stocks, black in color and made to resemble military style firearms.

Here's mine:
my180-1.jpg

Armalite AR-180B.

godisnum1

Silver Member
May 7, 2005
Saint Petersburg, FL
Detector(s) used
Nokta Legend Pro Pack, Nokta Legend WHP w/ LG24 coil, Nokta Pulse Dive Pinpointer, White's IDX Pro (x2), Vibraprobe 570
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I don't have either yet... but both of these guns are on my wish list.

The 9mm Beretta Px4 Storm pistol:
Beretta.jpg

And the other is the .223 Rem/5.56 NATO long-range pistol made by Kel-Tec; the PLR-16 (with polymer Magpul PMAG 30 round magazine)
Kel-Tec.jpg

Bran <><

EDDE

Gold Member
Dec 7, 2004
Detector(s) used
Troy X5
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
"guns are icky"

godisnum1

Silver Member
May 7, 2005
Saint Petersburg, FL
Detector(s) used
Nokta Legend Pro Pack, Nokta Legend WHP w/ LG24 coil, Nokta Pulse Dive Pinpointer, White's IDX Pro (x2), Vibraprobe 570
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Rando said:
Not bad...

Bran, just a word, you might want to fire that Beretta and say a S&W M&P, Glock and a Springfield XD for comparison before you commit to one of those. the trigger is HORRIBLE.

On that specific model? All the reviews I've read on it have been really good...
Right now, I've got other things that I'm buying & saving for.
Unfortunately, the guns will have to sit on the back burner for the time being.

Bran <><

alexfm123

Nov 17, 2009
Far West Texas
GL,

Whats the 180 chambered in? Isn't it a .308? I dont have any yet, but whenever I get the cash, Im planning on getting several. Im looking to get a GI style .45, and an HK G3 in .308 to go with it. ;D

I dont particulary like AR's. Something about them kinda bothers me. Im not too sure what it is, though.

Oh well.

Merry Christmas Everyone,

Alex.

godisnum1

Silver Member
May 7, 2005
Saint Petersburg, FL
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Rando said:
godisnum1 said:
On that specific model? All the reviews I've read on it have been really good...

Bran <><
just lloooooooooooooooooooooooooooooonnggg, and "gritty" Of course, I'm a Kimber 1911 and Glock guy, so I'm used to nice, short, crisp triggers, but yeah.

Cool, thanks for the advice! :)

Bran <><

alexfm123

Nov 17, 2009
Far West Texas
Rando said:
alexfm123 said:
GL,

Whats the 180 chambered in? Isn't it a .308? I dont have any yet, but whenever I get the cash, Im planning on getting several. Im looking to get a GI style .45, and an HK G3 in .308 to go with it. ;D

I dont particulary like AR's. Something about them kinda bothers me. Im not too sure what it is, though.

Oh well.

Merry Christmas Everyone,

Alex.

The AR180 rifles are chambered in 5.56 (.223), and mine was actually more reliable than my bushmaster AR when firing a lot. I think this was due to the "dirty" gas system of the ARs, which basically blows gas and carbon into the action..
They are substantially cheaper than a AR style rifle.

http://www.cruffler.com/review-January-02.html

I love them.

Thanks for the link, Rando. I was thinking of the AR10. ::) I'm not too fond of the 5.56 as a tactical caliber. I like the .308 better. More stopping power. They also make good target guns. ;D

ivan salis

Gold Member
Feb 5, 2007
callahan,fl
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
delta 4000 / ace 250 - used BH and many others too
rifles and guns in general are not "EVIL" -- used for there proper uses they provide food ( from hunting) , entertainment ( hunting and target shooting both) and self protection again criminals who would harm you , rape or rob you) --- guns are just tools a simple but true statement --- its how those tools are used in the HUMAN hands that has them -- that is good or evil --- acar driven by a mom to her kids baseball practice is not evil , nor is the drunk driver 's car who wrecks into them killing the whole family --- now the drunk driver that caused it to occur yah what he did was "bad / evil" but the car was just a tool he used.

DigginThePast

Gold Member
Dec 31, 2008
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
ivan salis said:
rifles and guns in general are not "EVIL" -- used for there proper uses they provide food ( from hunting) , entertainment ( hunting and target shooting both) and self protection again criminals who would harm you , rape or rob you) --- guns are just tools a simple but true statement --- its how those tools are used in the HUMAN hands that has them -- that is good or evil --- acar driven by a mom to her kids baseball practice is not evil , nor is the drunk driver 's car who wrecks into them killing the whole family --- now the drunk driver that caused it to occur yah what he did was "bad / evil" but the car was just a tool he used.

I agree 100% Ivan. If I'm around people that know better I jokingly use terms such as "evil black gun" etc because we know better. If I'm around those that do not know better or any public environment I'll use the proper terminology. Hollywood and the liberal media have had way too much influence on the general population's firearms knowledge. I'll not help their agenda.

That said, I'm enjoying the thread so far. I'll try to post some pics as time allows.

alexfm123

Nov 17, 2009
Far West Texas
DigginThePast said:
ivan salis said:

I agree 100% Ivan. If I'm around people that know better I jokingly use terms such as "evil black gun" etc because we know better. If I'm around those that do not know better or any public environment I'll use the proper terminology. Hollywood and the liberal media have had way too much influence on the general population's firearms knowledge. I'll not help their agenda.

That said, I'm enjoying the thread so far. I'll try to post some pics as time allows.

Im with Ivan also. Its just like the bumper stickers say: "Guns don't kill people, People kill people."

OP
OP
GL

GL

Bronze Member
Mar 2, 2008
South Central, NC
My 180 is a favorite. I promised myself as a teenager looking through gun books and catalogs that I would eventually own certain weapons and the Armalite AR180 was one of them.
Very reliable and easy to maintain. This one is barely used(60 shots total so far since new) but my first one was a Costa Mesa and I shot hundreds of rounds through it and it ran like a sewing machine with zero problems.

EDDE

Gold Member
Dec 7, 2004
Detector(s) used
Troy X5
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
JEFF get a "spigot" some blanks and some golf balls :laughing7:

jeff a

Sep 16, 2008
ne ohio
dont need the golf balls i have isreali training grenades,we see who can get closest to 55 gallon drum at 200 yrds

olepossum

Apr 9, 2008
st. joseph missouri
Detector(s) used
old school whites cion master 6/db and dfx 300 ace 250
me personally in a hand gun i have the new cammo model s&w 40 cal and the glock 40cal and in the rifle i have the ar15 bushmaster .223 and a colt ar-15i am thinking about selling the bushmaster and getting a demillitarized mp4 in other words all the bells and whistles just shy of 3rb and farf LOOOOOOOVEM they shoot like a brand new smells WOOOOOOW really frickin sweet

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread