Evil treasure hunters and their artifacts

I bet Ballard wishes he had filed an Admiralty Arrest when he located the site.

They are sure doing a good job with those artifacts.
The cup in the final scene looks familiar. I have a Nat. Geo. mag showing one like it sitting on the bottom in the debris field. I got mine from the Harbour.
Thanks for posting this whydahdiver.
ZDD

It would be much better to leave these artefacts in-situ on the seabed covered in crap and iron deposits until the wreck collapses, so that future archaeologist who may get their hands on a few million dollars can excavate them correctly in 50 years time, than it is for anyone to profit from showing them to millions of interested members of the public.

I agree VOC, don't let the public enjoy the artifacts now, wait until they are mostly buried under the collapsed hull. I used to run a museum that focused on steam ships, like the Old Fall River Line, White Star Line and United Fruit Company. We had good connections with Titanic Historical Society and they brokered a deal where we acquired a 28 foot long model used in a 1953 movie of the same name. After we got the model and tons of publicity from it, the head of my board of directors almost floored me with this statement: " you may not know it but my mother was a survivor of the Titanic and she is still alive". Before I could catch my breath he said that she was 17 at the time and has an excellent memory of that night in 1912. I convinced him to let me record her story of the sinking where her mother and sister also survived but her father did not. His body was recovered in Nova Scotia and was identified by a ring which now is on exhibit with the model and the woman's picture which visitors can see while listening to her sad tale.

Whydah Diver

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back