Excal 2

Sandman

Gold Member
Aug 6, 2005
In Michigan now.
Detector(s) used
Excal 1000, Excal II, Sovereign GT, CZ-20, Tiger Shark, Tejon, GTI 1500, Surfmaster Pulse, CZ6a, DFX, AT PRO, Fisher 1235, Surf PI Pro, 1280-X, many more because I enjoy learning them. New Garrett Ca
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
For one thing they have a more sensitive coil system. This is good and bad as it can "see" more black sand and saltwater concentrations at the same time. I understand the battery system is different. Also Max says the hot new lime green color is a babe magnet. Reason enough to buy one........ :headbang:

OP
OP
John (Ma)

John (Ma)

Silver Member
Jul 12, 2007
Western Massachusetts
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excal 1000, Tesoro Silver Umax, Tiger Shark and Whites MXT.
Babe magnet, sounds like quite a unit, lol. Other than the coil difference, I assume the detector acts like it always has? Thanks

Sandman

Gold Member
Aug 6, 2005
In Michigan now.
Detector(s) used
Excal 1000, Excal II, Sovereign GT, CZ-20, Tiger Shark, Tejon, GTI 1500, Surfmaster Pulse, CZ6a, DFX, AT PRO, Fisher 1235, Surf PI Pro, 1280-X, many more because I enjoy learning them. New Garrett Ca
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
As far as I can tell it works just like the Excal ONE, or orginal. I am not sure about that babe magnet part cause I thought the gal was talking to me till I saw the bug in her ear. :'( Good thing I didn't talk back..........

wavecrazed

Jul 21, 2009
Orlando FLorida
Detector(s) used
ACE 250, Excallibur 1000, DFX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yes truly the excal's are Babe mags. How many times have you see the hotties with a techno-dude. They need to install a small camera with some memory capability on the next model for beach shots.

steve from ohio

Aug 1, 2008
John (Ma) said:
What has changed with the excal 2?
From what I have seen so far, the Excalibur II is a bit more stable. I had an Excalibur 800 and it was great but the Excalibur II 1000 is really a nice unit. Seems that Minelab did some adjustments to the electronics and that it is a bit deeper in my coin garden.

If I had to choose between the two, the Excalibur II would get the nod. I just like the unit better than the older Excalibur. The new 10 inch coil is really nice and light. It swings through the water as easy as the old 8 inch coil.

Deepdiger60

Silver Member
Jun 18, 2009
Long Island E-end
Detector(s) used
Minelab Sov GT,Sovereign xs2-pro Fisher CZ21 Custom Skullies , Stealth 720-i
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
One thing iam not sure of ? can the Excal 2 be used on dry land like my DFX i know its mainly a water wet sand detector i just have not heard much about land use .Jim

GibH

Silver Member
May 17, 2009
Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Surf PI Pro/MXT/Quattro/Sovereign XS2 Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It's pretty much a waterproofed version of the Sovereign, so it works fine in the dirt, it's just unwieldly. Another drawback is unless you have a connector spliced in, you are going to be limited to one coil.

steve from ohio

Aug 1, 2008
It's not a babe magnet and I tested it!

John (Ma) said:
Babe magnet, sounds like quite a unit, lol. Other than the coil difference, I assume the detector acts like it always has? Thanks
I tested the Excalibur as a babe magnet. Walked into a local bar wearing a wet suit / sunglasses and carrying my Excalibur and my sand scoop.

The only one I attracted was a guy who looked like an ax murderer and was interested in the sand scoop.

Everybody else stayed far away. :laughing7:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread