What's new

Excal Battery draining/recharging....

stpauli914

Sr. Member
Joined
Jun 7, 2011
Messages
406
Reaction score
117
Golden Thread
0
Location
Gulf Coast FL
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excalibur 2, Minelab Sovereign GT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I drained my Excal II battery dead last night by just leaving the detector on over night. I now want to fully charge it using the stock Charger. How long should I go? 14 Hrs? Thanks for the help.

Aaron
 
Upvote 0
I don't drain using the machine. I use an external source I made up with a series of Xmas lights with pins too connect. They drain slow and low. Recharge takes 12 to 14hrs. Overnight is fine. I felt I was putting too much stress on my machine. I didn't want to take the chance. A few of us use this method.
 
Why drain the battery? I've been just recharging after every other use.... no more than 12 hours on the charger. Been two years and no problems! Thease batteries do not have a memory.... that's what minelab states, has anyone had a problem with memory loss??
 
Agree, I am on my third year with the excal battery and I only use the quick charger I made which takes about ten minutes ...
 
Good info guys, thanks. I have not had any problem with it as of yet. I have had it almost 5 months and I usually hunt 5 or 6 hours then charge 5 or 6 hours. I just wanted to do a total drain and recharge since I lost track of where I was at. I have an Alkaline backup as well, so I'm not too worried.

Thanks again!

Aaron
 
Not sure about the battery but my memory loss is pretty good!
 
Same here. Use it a couple of hours, charge it a couple of hours. No problems yet.
 
:coffee2:
i have heard from some of the guys that there is a way to build a charger from rat shack parts.
it is suppose to have a meter and a charge indicator.
if u see it please let me know!
thanks
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom