What's new

Excaliber battery

Tenderfoot

Full Member
Joined
Mar 17, 2014
Messages
152
Reaction score
139
Golden Thread
0
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yesterday for some reason my Excaliber II battery died. Won't take a charge. Lucky for me I have a spare alkaline battery pack to hunt with for now. Has anybody had their rechargeable battery fail so suddenly? It's 4 years old. If it's toast what would you replace it with?
 
Check your charger and be sure it is putting out 18 volts out of the 3 pin charging adapter that plugs into battery, if there is 18 volts there then it is battery issue, if not remove adapter and check voltage out of the barrel connector be sure there is 18 volts there if not you have a bad charger.
 
If after you've tested the charger, and you've determined that the battery is bad, I recommend the RNB batteries. They're cheaper and last 4-5 times longer. They come with their own charger too. It's a simple replacement. You remove the end cap, unplug and pull the old battery out, and plug the new one in, using the old pod. Clean all the surfaces and put a little silicone on the "O"ring before you reinstall.
 
That helps a bunch. Since I'm out of the country I'm going to have to buy a tester. But whether it's the battery or the charger I might be better off just changing to the RNB battery as it comes with a charger.
 
My ni-cad clapped out just like yours although it would take some charge, just didn't last an hour then quit. - and it was a newer pack I'd bought as back up to my other pod.
I since got a ni-MH pack for one pod and the other week got the new Li-po EX3000 with charger for my other pod. Just got to fix the cracks in the pods now which appeared just recently. Prob due to age (over 10 years).
 
Last edited:
Perhaps you can take the battery apart and replace the capacitors just desoder and go to an electronics store and se if they have replacements then
resolder them and should be good to go
auspot4
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom