Excalibur Knob Issue - Need Your Help!!!!!!

glory-days

Greenie
Jan 15, 2006
Detector(s) used
Excalibur 1000, Whites IDX Pro
Hello, Yesterday when I went to turn my Excalibur off, my threshold knob just kept a turning :'(. It no longer stops when I shut it off. I can hear the click when it does shut off and when I turn it on. Has anyone had this issue and is it an easy fix or should I send it back, as it is still under warranty?
Thanks in advance, :) Dennis ( glory-days )

Attachments

• excalibur1000-metal-detector.jpg
    excalibur1000-metal-detector.jpg
    8.7 KB · Views: 308
Upvote 0

Sandman

Gold Member
Aug 6, 2005
In Michigan now.
Detector(s) used
Excal 1000, Excal II, Sovereign GT, CZ-20, Tiger Shark, Tejon, GTI 1500, Surfmaster Pulse, CZ6a, DFX, AT PRO, Fisher 1235, Surf PI Pro, 1280-X, many more because I enjoy learning them. New Garrett Ca
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You can send it back since it is under warranty an they will place a new knob on there. Mostly you can epoxy it on too if you don't want to take the time to send it in if the knob pulls off easy.

You can buy 6 mm alum knobs from Radio Shack that have stainless steel set screws.

AUDuke

Apr 20, 2008
Quartzsite AZ
Detector(s) used
TDI, GB, GM-4, Vaquero, F75, Cibola, Compadre, Stingray, ML Explorer
Pop out the little yellow cap in the center of the knob and tighten the allen screw. They should all be checked time to time DV

JoeinMemphis

Apr 21, 2007
Oakland Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE Pro / Minelab Excalibur II
Mine actually takes a 1/4" nut driver to tighten, the thinnest walled nut driver I have found to date ( to fit inside the knob and engage the nut ) is a Klein 10 in 1 screwdriver avaliable in the electrical section of Lowes or Home Depot. It will not be with the other hand tools. I have one in my zipper pouch on the Minelab carrying case along with a spare knob and the yellow cap... yup they are sold separately.... HH Joe

AUDuke

Apr 20, 2008
Quartzsite AZ
Detector(s) used
TDI, GB, GM-4, Vaquero, F75, Cibola, Compadre, Stingray, ML Explorer
Correction IT is a thin walled nut driver . sorry

gravediggermax-vabeachva

Bronze Member
Nov 24, 2005
va beach, va
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
se pro, excal. II, ctx 3030
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
like sand man said, u can replace those with nice big knobs from radio shack

Attachments

• EXCAL KNOBS4.jpg
    EXCAL KNOBS4.jpg
    99.3 KB · Views: 213
  • EXCAL KNOBS3.jpg
    EXCAL KNOBS3.jpg
    92.7 KB · Views: 225
  • EXCAL KNOBS4.jpg
    EXCAL KNOBS4.jpg
    99.3 KB · Views: 209

JoeinMemphis

Apr 21, 2007
Oakland Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE Pro / Minelab Excalibur II
In the short time I have had mine, I have to admit I think a larger knob would be a good thing especially on the threshold potentiometer.... but agree with CJC's book, a 10 turn potentiometer would be awesome for precise setting of the threshold. HH Joe

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread