Mar 6, 2014
17th century
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030 & XP Deus
Primary Interest:
Other
Excellent "Snow Copper" OMWBTTC

The snow has been thick by me, but I was hoping there was a bit of a thaw after 2 days of "warm weather" after work. It's better, but still 2-4" deep. But alas, I'm a bit of 6's and 7's so I went for a snow hunt. I dropped the Deus to an unusual setting for me - 8KHz.
ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1487209968.426678.jpg
ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1487209980.640445.jpg
I managed a few buttons and a bunch of iron including a pony shoe, but nothing crazy. Just as I was about to sign off on the Deus, I get a signal under a thorn bush.

I had some fun with cleanup after my buddy CarolinaTom requested a Gif;)

IMG_4196.GIF

ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1487209916.563292.jpg
ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1487209933.259060.jpg

And a the buttons
ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1487246405.054198.jpg

Enjoy!
Steve

Last edited:
Upvote 35
Awesome LC man :occasion14:. Nothing like pulling a keeper from a snowy hunt. Hope you can get back out there this weekend. Ohh... This is The Weekend Of Steve, isn't it?!!

Excellent shape! WTG!

I still say we ought to walk backwards from the car, maybe we could fool 'em! LOL

Hmmmm..., maybe I should check the ground under our melting snow cover. Nice winter Large Cent! :thumbsup:

Great find! It looks like there's not much that will deter you from a few hours of quality digging. Love the special effects on the large cent. Thanks for sharing.

Sweet score on the LC Steve. You got her looking real pretty. Is it supposed to warm up this weekend in your area?

Nice LC, Steve. How did you get that cleaned up so nice?

Very nice! No snow stoppin' u...

Ah yes. The elusive snow copper. Nice catch Scrapmeister. I have a few snow coppers to my name and remember digging every one of them. The snow in your pic looks a bit old and wet. But 4 inches of nice powder is ideal for detecting. You can see exactly where your coil has been.

I love how she came out of the ground, if only..........

Sweet work buddy, congrats!

Awesome LC man :occasion14:. Nothing like pulling a keeper from a snowy hunt. Hope you can get back out there this weekend. Ohh... This is The Weekend Of Steve, isn't it?!!

Lol, yep. And I won't know what to do with so much free time.

Sweet score on the LC Steve. You got her looking real pretty. Is it supposed to warm up this weekend in your area?

I think so. And as long as there's no snow and the ground isn't frozen, I'm digging .

Excellent "Snow Copper" OMWBTTC

Nice LC, Steve. How did you get that cleaned up so nice?

Half the battle is finding a copper that's not been badly corroded from the ground. After that it's patience and TLC.

The Connecticut copper I found last week hadn't a chance. It was just too toastedImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1487241915.430876.jpg

Congrats on the great finds! That LC cleaned up real nice!

-- Jeff --

Neither rain, nor snow, nor bramble will keep you away from the relics. Great job!

Nice looking LC Steve, your getting quite good at cleaning those coppers.

Thanks Jon. I was joking with Brad that it took a couple hundred to start to get good at cleaning those suckers. Lol

Ah yes. The elusive snow copper. Nice catch Scrapmeister. I have a few snow coppers to my name and remember digging every one of them. The snow in your pic looks a bit old and wet. But 4 inches of nice powder is ideal for detecting. You can see exactly where your coil has been.

This was the classic 10" of snow melted down to 2-4". Wet, sloppy, heavy, and sticky. Makes your cool weigh 10 lbs

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back