Expedition Unknown Looking For New Treasure Adventures!

RW

Feb 7, 2007
Fort Worth'ish
Detector(s) used
Golden uMax w/CleanSweep - XP Deus
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
Welcome from Indiana. I would like to see the show focusing on U.S. searches and not so much foreign searches.

Ditto.

There are countless thousands of historically insignificant "treasures" waiting to be found. Most are post depression era, hidden and forgotten, but once found, some person or entity somewhere believes they are entitled to it, so people often keep finds to themselves. Since you must give historical background on anything you are searching for and publicize finds to keep the show interesting... that's a problem. I can think of one story of stolen loot buried near the remains of a broken down jail. There may be enough history to it to scrounge an episode. Problem is, it's on state park land and can't be hunted, or has already been quietly found. I have seen the name recognition of your show come in handy in gaining access to otherwise off limits areas several times before so...?

One question about your show and maybe others like it: Are contracts ever written before searching that guarantee the searcher monetary compensation for any finds before airing footage of a successful hunt?

Say Butch and Sundance stole $1,000 face value in gold coins from a Wells Fargo coach 150 years ago. We track down and find the coins on state park property while filming the episode. Then what?

Oct 5, 2014
Massachusetts
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett: AT Pro, AT Gold & Infinium; Minelab: Explorer SE, II; Simplex; Tesoro: Tejon & Outlaw; White's: V3i
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Welcome to the forum! :occasion14:

Good Luck on your adventure.

tamrock

Gold Member
Jan 16, 2013
Colorado
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Your show is one of my favorites about unsolved mysteries and legends of lost treasure. Josh Gates energy is infectious. Being you do research on stories like the fate of D.B Cooper and Blackbeard's lost treasure, one lost legend story that comes to mind, is of a car called the Blue Lady and what ever happened to it.

Attachments

• jim-morrison-blue-lady.png
    jim-morrison-blue-lady.png
    38.4 KB · Views: 44

MikeRo

Jul 31, 2019
SW Pennsylvania
Detector(s) used
ace 350, equinox600, equinox800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Great show....Josh Gates humor & wittiness is very entertaining!

Tiredman

Bronze Member
Oct 15, 2016
Primary Interest:
Other
Some real interesting questions to chuckle over. Research does find clues and also dispells some treasure stories.

Peyton Manning

Gold Member
Dec 19, 2012
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT-PRO
Sandshark
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
BTW just a suggestion, maybe some pretty girls along on a hunt

A2coins

Gold Member
Dec 20, 2015
Ann Arbor
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Also sent a FR hope you accept I like to share my finds and experiance. Tommy

OP
OP
M

mantoothsean

Nov 25, 2019
Los Angeles
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi RW -

There is only so much "behind the scenes" I can discuss in a public forum but I can tell you that neither the program nor anyone associated with it retain or profit from anything found or discovered in conjunction with the program. So - to your point - if we find $1000 in gold coins - those gold coins - IN MOST PLACES - would be the property of the land owner of record regardless of who found them. If you found $1000 in gold and had permission from the land owner to be there hunting - then that would be a negotiation between yourself and the land owner as to how that gets parceled out. In regards to compensation for contributors that is not something I'm at liberty to discuss on an open forum.

A2coins

Gold Member
Dec 20, 2015
Ann Arbor
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Also sent a FR hope you accept I like to share my finds and experiance. Tommy

BLK HOLE

Silver Member
Aug 3, 2017
Northern Virginia
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
AT MAX/AT PRO/GPX-4500, Equinox 800, Garrett Pro Pointer,NEL Attack Coil, Lesche diggers, and the custom made in the USA Freeloader Pack Mule Pouch!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Welcome aboard T-Net from Northern Virginia :skullflag:

A2coins

Gold Member
Dec 20, 2015
Ann Arbor
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks for accepting the FR Hope to see some posts soon Thanks

BZN-es

Jan 25, 2020
Zaragoza
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hello all.

My name is Sean Mantooth and I am a producer on the Discovery Channel program "Expedition Unknown." We're gearing up for a new season and are researching some treasure / adventure based stories to be included in future episodes.

Specifically -

1. Joaquin Murrieta - notorious California bandit and one of the inspirations for Zorro. He allegedly hid stashes throughout both north and south California. Is anyone actively looking for any of these stashes?Any information about where they could be that is not general knowledge?

2. Confederate gold - Tons of stories and legends about potential stashes of confederate gold that was spread out at the end of the Civil War. Same questions - is anyone actively looking (other than on a certain TV show I won't name) and is there any new information?

Generally -

We're looking for any cool "lost treasure" stories where there is active research or investigation taking place. I'd love to speak with any or all of you who have some leads that could be turned into an episode of EXU. You can reply to this message or PM here on treasure.net.

Thanks so much and it's nice to e-meet you all.

Sean
Hello Sean,

I'm not from the United States, and I can only suggest that we make a documentary about Max Valentin's Golden Owl in France. I solved the 11 enigmas and it remains to dig the bronze owl. As proof, I can reveal some of the decisions.

Best regards.

Valentin Karamanliev

Zaragoza

Spain

NHBandit

Silver Member
Feb 21, 2010
Formerly NH now East Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Garrett GtaX1250
As a native of the New Hampshire seacoast we always heard stories of pirate treasure buried on the Isles of Shoals off the coast of Portsmouth NH. I believe over the years individual coins have turned up at random so there has to be some truth to it.

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Betterthantexas, you do know you can edit a post and add to it instead of replying 12 times in a row.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread