Geez guys, can't you visit the Tesoro site and look it up yourself?I would like to know more about the Tesoro detectors.
What is the difference between the Vaquero and the Outlaw?
What would be the pros and cons between the two?
Thanks
Geez guys, can't you visit the Tesoro site and look it up yourself?
hey Terry,
Would you say that the Vaquero was a better detector if it had the same coils? Or would you say they are equally good but actually do slightly different things to accomplish the same thing, find treasure?
Thanks,
PTP

| 12" x 10" Widescan (COIL-12x10W-SC-G; includes scuff) | (S) | $169 |
| 5¾" Round Concentric (COIL-5.75RC-SC-G; includes scuff) | (S) | $129 |
I'm planning a purchase of one of the Tesoro detectors. My primary expected use would be dry land coin hunting. Old iron is neat but old silver is neater. Public parks with clad coins would just be to fill in time and learn the machine so I have leaned away from the TID screens and and depth prediction bells & whistles. The Outlaw with three coils is obviously an enticement, and I understand they that in certain situations a particular coil is probably more ideal than the other two but you can still only use one at a time. The Vaquero is a proven workhorse.
What would be the ideal situation to take the Outlaw and leave the Vaquero or vice versa?
Terry Soloman said:Again, this goes back to, "What are you hunting?" if you're going after Silver dimes at 8" - 11" I might choose the Outlaw (10.6kHz) and the 8" round. If I was looking for gold rings at the same depth, I would choose the Vaquero (14.7khz) with the 9" stock coil.
Topdecker said:Not today. Their website is down again. It seems like the website has been down a lot since the new year.
Top
I don't understand. I haven't had any problems accessing their website but I keep hearing a lot of people say that.

Terry, what coil would you use on the Vaquero if you were trying to get silver dimes at the 8"-11"?or is that hard to accomplish with any coil for the Vaquero?
That's the one I'm planning on getting, but what advantage does it have at finding silver coins at those depths compared to the stock? Would it be that much better at finding quarters at those depths as well?I would slap on the 10" Elliptical Widescan and start gridding.
That's the one I'm planning on getting, but what advantage does it have at finding silver coins at those depths compared to the stock? Would it be that much better at finding quarters at those depths as well?
Would it still be worth having even if I don't have much mineralization where I hunt. Also what if I'm also looking for silver quarters/halves?
Sorry Bobby, only you can answer that question. Best of luck!
Geez guys, can't you visit the Tesoro site and look it up yourself?