Expierence with East Texas Metal Detectors

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Over the years I have owned many different detectors beginning with Metrotech and I know better than to leave the batteries in one for any length of time. I have seen what it can do. I just recently fixed one for my nephew because of
batteries leaking. That can really make a mess. He was lucky, it only ruined the battery holder contacts plus the part that clips on to the battery pack. Had to cut the wire back a short ways too.
Metrotech is usually a utility locating detector.... I used them for 15 years locating telecom cables....

I suggest you look for a single box detector, it will be very hard to get yours repaired if they are out of business and expensive, better off putting that money on a single box detector..

Codheads51

Tenderfoot
May 18, 2015
England
Detector(s) used
Red base treasure baron
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi I,m not dealing with him, I just need his email address I have some questions I need to ask him....thankyou...les

ETEXHunter

Feb 25, 2015
E. Texas
Detector(s) used
AT Pro, ACE 250, Tesoro Bandito uMax, Compass coin scanner, Tek Delta 4000
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Just curious...did you ever ask him for your money back? I've always found him to be pretty straight up.

JR

boogeyman

Gold Member
Jun 6, 2006
Out in the hills near wherendaheckarwe
Detector(s) used
WHITES, MINELAB, Garrett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Find the BBB office - web site for his area, and file a report with them. Enclose screen grabs of his replies. Let them do the work for you, that's what their there for. If he's smart he'll make it right. If he's running out of his house fudging taxes etc. he's not gonna want the notoriety with BBB, city business license dept or tax people. Also, you can post on the BBBs website of his actions to spread the word to a larger crowd.

Keppy

Gold Member
Nov 19, 2006
N.E. Ohio on lake Erie
Detector(s) used
** WHAT ONE I FEEL LIKE ON HUNTING DAY *****
Primary Interest:
Other
Yes i have heard some has had some problems with Keith but every time i had to deal with him i have never had a problem ... It has always worked out good for me when i dealt with Keith at East Texas..

badmojoman

Tenderfoot
Nov 21, 2011
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Yes i have heard some has had some problems with Keith but every time i had to deal with him i have never had a problem ... It has always worked out good for me when i dealt with Keith at East Texas..

I'm just now reading this thread. My fisher CZ-6 8 inch coil quit working so I was directed to keith wills at east texas metal detectors. So I sent him a money order a couple of days ago for a new old stock original CZ-6 8 in coil. Sure hope I receive it and didn't make a mistake..

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread