Explorer 2, Quatro, or DFX? Help Please!

MAINE HILLS HUNTER

Mar 24, 2006
Oxford Hills of Maine
Detector(s) used
Explorer SE Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I am buying one of the above machines and cannot figure out which to buy. I want to use it for relic hunting and coin shooting primarily. I also want to use it for the occasional (1 or 2 weeks a year) salt beach hunting. Any help would be appreciated.

Eric

Upvote 0
If new Explorer SE(I heard it has faster recovery than Expl 11). If money is an issue used Expl 11- seen a lot on E-bay.(Don't forget bungee cord)

Just my 2 cents

Of these three, rule out the Quatro as it is not the in the same league as the Explorer II or DFX. However, the upgrade to the Explorer SE would me my choice since the DFX is good, but older curcuits. Plus the SE has the Double D coil!

Just my 2 cents also. Now you got 4 cents.

Sandman

bakergeol said:
If new Explorer SE(I heard it has faster recovery than Expl 11). If money is an issue used Expl 11- seen a lot on E-bay.(Don't forget bungee cord)

Just my 2 cents

What do I need a bungee cord for?

IOWA HUNTER said:
bakergeol said:

Just my 2 cents

What do I need a bungee cord for?

I don't own an exp 2, but sure would like to get one or perhaps the older XS or new SE. As far as the bungee cord goes during my research on getting an exp 2 loads of peps say you really need a strap because of its heavier weight than many detectors. Also many report that the weight of it is not evenly distributed so a strap helps out with that problem as well.

Rev

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back