What's new

Explorer Battery Charge Time

McKinney_5900

Bronze Member
Joined
Jul 30, 2010
Messages
1,201
Reaction score
992
Golden Thread
0
How long does it take to fully charge the factory battery pack? What's the voltage at full charge after completion?
 
Not sure on the explorer. The etrac I charge overnight. I also got rechargeable batteries and put them in the alkaline battery pack. They are Duracell and those take about 2 hours to charge. They have the green light that lets you know when they are charged. My factory rechargeable battery pack never gives you an indication when its charged but I have heard they are engineered to not overcharge. I hope this helps you some. Maybe someone with an explorer can chime in. Which explorer do you have, the se pro, xs, ?

Sent from my LG-H910 using Tapatalk
 
A lot will depend on the degree of starting charge and the age of the battery. Usually 10 hours for a dead battery in good shape. The aftermarket RNB batteries take a max of 2 hours to charge and last 4-5 times longer than the stock one.
 
The Explorer manual says the batteries fully harge after 16 hours. It doesn't state what the actual charge level is but it is greater than 12 volts.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom