Professor of Engineering
Ruby Member
- Joined
- Oct 5, 2014
- Messages
- 31,916
- Reaction score
- 35,440
- Golden Thread
- 1
- Location
- Massachusetts
- 🥇 Banner finds
- 1
- Detector(s) used
- Garrett: AT Pro, AT Gold & Infinium; Minelab: Explorer SE, II; Simplex; Tesoro: Tejon & Outlaw; White's: V3i
- Primary Interest:
- Relic Hunting
- #1
Thread Owner
Hello Everyone,
Given all things equal (target- depth, soil matrix…etc) is the Explorer SE pro’s depth equal to the E-trac in a side by side test? I do understand they are different machines, but looking at one variable. Do they use similar FBS technology?
Any information from the field would be greatly appreciated.
Regards,
Given all things equal (target- depth, soil matrix…etc) is the Explorer SE pro’s depth equal to the E-trac in a side by side test? I do understand they are different machines, but looking at one variable. Do they use similar FBS technology?
Any information from the field would be greatly appreciated.
Regards,
to me so I can't comment on the tech part of it, but I had both machines at the same site and the Etrac seemed the same as the SE Pro for depth. It was just better for target separation and the ctx is all that better. The etrac on relic mode still loves hot rocks and in my area can be a total pain as the solid depths can be really minimum in some areas. For tones it's the same or so close I had no problem going from one machine to the other, the #'s game seemed to right on for the Etrac. I have done three different spots with the three machines and I can only say that each step up the ladder it gets better in the finds department. 






