What's new

Explorer XS battery/charger

minelab rick

Full Member
Joined
Jul 1, 2006
Messages
161
Reaction score
1
Golden Thread
0
Location
Charlottesville, Va
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer XS
My XS mobile charger is not working. How can I tell if it is my charger or my rechargeable battery? I could move the charger probe around at the battery and make the charge light come on. Now that doesn't work. The battery is 7 years old now but works fine when I can get it to charge. Any suggestions?


Rick
 
Test the charger with a voltmeter & the same with the Batt. pack. Might be a good time to replace the batteries in the pack with higher capacity batteries.7 years on the pack is very good!
 
You can always go to a Radio Shack or Wal Mart and pick up a "universal" car charger. These have selectable output voltages and several different size output plugs (one will match your Minelab battery pack. You will save some money over a Minelab replacement car charger.

Jeff
 
Thanks Jeff, I'll try that to. I need another wall charger too. My house seems to eat these( This will be my 3rd one)
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom