What's new

Extra coins in rolls!

zmemarine

Full Member
Joined
Feb 6, 2008
Messages
151
Reaction score
3
Golden Thread
0
Does anyone keep track of the extra coins they get from their hand rolls they search? I've decided to keep stats on this category this year. Last year I once got a penny roll with 11 dimes in it. So far for the year I'm up 42 extra pennies. I've also found 10 dimes in penny rolls. I'm also up one 50 cent piece for the halves. If i am short in a roll I subtract it from my extras that I've found. Nothing better then free money.

Semper Fi
 
Upvote 0
When I do nickles, I lay them out in a 4 by 10 grid, so it is easy to see if one is extra or missing. I don't do tha with any other coins, so I don't keep count :(.
 
I also decided to start keeping track of offages this year and added an extra colum to my spread sheet. So far I'm just under $5 ahead.
 
i was in a very small 1 bank town in texas last year and this bank only had $30.00 in halfs that i bought....2 rolls had no keepers in them , the 1 roll had 25 1 $ coins that i onlu paid $10.00 for.....so $ 15.00 free money...
 
I do not keep track because more often than not the rolls are short and I usually get penny's in dime rolls.

So I don't want to sweat the small stuff.

Also if I got a roll of $1 coins when the teller thought she/he was giving me $10 in Halves I would retun it and have done so Twice now.

Karma is very important in ths game.


Mojo
 
I got a customer wrapped penny roll with 54 dimes in it once, that was pretty cool!!! :icon_sunny:
 
Every now and then I will get a Brinks roll with an extra half. I can tell when I pick up a roll of halves if it has too many or too few from CRHing so much. Not a very important skill but kind of cool nonetheless.

Jim
 
this week I got a box of dimes and 10 of the rolls looked longer I counted them and they had 55 dimes in each.........and two half dollar rolls I also got had 22 halves in them as well
 
I've been keeping track with my penny searches. Over the past several years, I'm ahead by about 400 coins. And I've found almost 170 dimes including a '64 silver rosie.
 
I started keeping track of dimes closely.....the coin counter pegs them as pennies and I get ripped. I do dimes first if I have any ,also I keep them seperate from everything else to keep size consistant as they pass through the machine.
 
I went to Wal*Mart with a pocket full of halves one day. (father it's been 2 months since my last confession) I was spending my halves so I could keep my cash to buy more halves. I started counting the money out and looked up and the girl at the register had picked up my halves put them in her tray and was handing me my change. She thought they WERE dollars. HA. Got over on that one. I have an ongoing feud with Wal*Mart employees, or I wouldn't have walked out of the store with a smile on my face. heh heh heh.




No I'm not Catholic.
 
1996 said:
I went to Wal*Mart with a pocket full of halves one day. (father it's been 2 months since my last confession) I was spending my halves so I could keep my cash to buy more halves. I started counting the money out and looked up and the girl at the register had picked up my halves put them in her tray and was handing me my change. She thought they WERE dollars. HA. Got over on that one. I have an ongoing feud with Wal*Mart employees, or I wouldn't have walked out of the store with a smile on my face. heh heh heh.




No I'm not Catholic.

Obviously.

Mojo
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom