xcopperstax

Silver Member
Sep 3, 2018
Massachusetts
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Max
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I took my son out to escape the doldrums of being home all weekend. I strapped my mini sidekick onto my chest and walked down to the local beach. It's impossible for me to walk at the beach without scanning the ground a little. The tide was out and I was able to spot this bracelet right off the bat poking out of the mud. It's marked AAC 14K with some kind of super tiny mark inside the clasp. I really want it to be real. The fact that it has zero corrosion and was in the salt water is promising. I can't tell by the weight because the pieces are kind of hollowed out which would make it a little lighter than one would think. Real or fake I would love to hear peoples opinions on it.

On Sunday I got out for one hour to do some detecting. I found three wheat pennies and about 50 cents in clad. Being out in the sun digging a couple measly holes felt glorious.

I hope everyone is doing well out there!

Attachments

• IMG_7715.JPG
    IMG_7715.JPG
    803.7 KB · Views: 61
  • IMG_7716.JPG
    IMG_7716.JPG
    819.6 KB · Views: 67
  • IMG_7717.JPG
    IMG_7717.JPG
    848 KB · Views: 59
Upvote 9

Steve in PA

Gold Member
Jul 5, 2010
Pittsburgh, PA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75, XP Deus, Equinox 600, Fisher 1270
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Congrats on finding the gold with your little good luck charm strapped to your chest :occasion14:

Javadroid

Silver Member
Jul 6, 2017
Northwest Arkansas
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Fisher F2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Looks like a nice bit of treasure to me - congrats! :occasion14:

lenmac65

Silver Member
Jul 28, 2009
Massachusetts
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Equinox 800 (as of 10/2019)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Nice bracelet - wish I knew more about jewelry and could be of help. Regardless, sounds like you had a pleasant trip out with your boy. Way to start him treasure hunting young! Congrats!

A2coins

Gold Member
Dec 20, 2015
Ann Arbor
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Good Family time and a Beach thats a treasure in itself Good job you stay safe also

Last edited:

Taladeganite

Feb 4, 2020
Antioch, Ca.
Detector(s) used
Mine lab go find 40/60/whites classic
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I took my son out to escape the doldrums of being home all weekend. I strapped my mini sidekick onto my chest and walked down to the local beach. It's impossible for me to walk at the beach without scanning the ground a little. The tide was out and I was able to spot this bracelet right off the bat poking out of the mud. It's marked AAC 14K with some kind of super tiny mark inside the clasp. I really want it to be real. The fact that it has zero corrosion and was in the salt water is promising. I can't tell by the weight because the pieces are kind of hollowed out which would make it a little lighter than one would think. Real or fake I would love to hear peoples opinions on it.

On Sunday I got out for one hour to do some detecting. I found three wheat pennies and about 50 cents in clad. Being out in the sun digging a couple measly holes felt glorious.

I hope everyone is doing well out there!

Congrats! Good Eye ��!!! Invest in one of those gold test acid kits that come with a small scratch stone ($20 on Amazon) and a good jewelers loop? It really does work and simple to use. The bracelet looks Promising. I have found enough gold and silver to get quite a lot of use out of both. :goldtrophy:

OP
OP
X

xcopperstax

Silver Member
Sep 3, 2018
Massachusetts
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Max
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Congrats! Good Eye ��!!! Invest in one of those gold test acid kits that come with a small scratch stone ($20 on Amazon) and a good jewelers loop? It really does work and simple to use. The bracelet looks Promising. I have found enough gold and silver to get quite a lot of use out of both. :goldtrophy:

Thanks! I'm thinking of getting one!

OP
OP
X

xcopperstax

Silver Member
Sep 3, 2018
Massachusetts
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Max
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice bracelet - wish I knew more about jewelry and could be of help. Regardless, sounds like you had a pleasant trip out with your boy. Way to start him treasure hunting young! Congrats!

He's now an official T'Hr! (I think that's how it's abbreviated!?)

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions