Toothpick
Sr. Member
Game Over Man and I took advantage of the warm weather and went to a local town beach to do some wading.
I ended up scooping 2 silver Rosies, a few wheaties, bunch of clad and my last find of the day was eyeballing this mostly intact clay pipe just laying on the bottom in 3 feet of water. When I first saw it laying on the bottom I thought it was a child's toy for blowing bubbles.
It's not a old one, I think 1890's or so, but still a rare find for me. In all my past hunting I only found a bowl that came up in my scoop along with a coin.

I ended up scooping 2 silver Rosies, a few wheaties, bunch of clad and my last find of the day was eyeballing this mostly intact clay pipe just laying on the bottom in 3 feet of water. When I first saw it laying on the bottom I thought it was a child's toy for blowing bubbles.
It's not a old one, I think 1890's or so, but still a rare find for me. In all my past hunting I only found a bowl that came up in my scoop along with a coin.

Upvote
46
Even in the case of old clay pipes, an 1890 clay pipe is modern when you learn that pipes like this have been in production and use in this nation since the 1500's.







