What's new

✅ SOLVED Eyeglass case ?

Squirrel322

Silver Member
Joined
Jul 4, 2016
Messages
4,424
Reaction score
9,427
Golden Thread
0
Location
Central MI
Detector(s) used
E-Trac, Equinox 800, Go-Find 66, ACE 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Posting this for my sister. Looks kinda like an eye glass case to me :dontknow:

Here is another mystery item for you. It’s made of wood covered with shagreen and copper trim.
I’m not sure what it was used for but I use it for keeping my pens for drawing in.

Measures It’s 7.5”x3”

21876978-F815-408E-B7FF-9B8AD7B4EFD9.webp
A9E31AB3-D0E5-47BF-BDF7-106A51341832.webp
D963229F-BB1E-4EEE-A727-1F1B3664ED59.webp
 
Last edited:
I’m thinking it’s a vintage travel cigar case, pocket humidor. Is it cedar wood lined?
 
Last edited:
Upvote 0
It might be cedar...
 
Upvote 0
By doing a Google image search for “antique shagreen case” I was able to find several similar to this one. The consensus seems to be that they are 19th century spectacle cases. I saw a site or two note them as being “Chinese” also.

Thanks for everyone’s help!
 
Upvote 0

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom