F-75 LTD......Discrimination Mode

Jud75

Tenderfoot
Jul 8, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have a 75 LTD. Ive owned if tor a couple of months now. We just returned from Florida and I cant get my machine to run silent in disc mode. It worked fine before the trip. Iv even set the sensitivity super low. Please help!!!

Clean out the coil cover. HH

Sandman

Sandman said:
Clean out the coil cover. HH

Sandman

This may be a stupid question, but how do you do that? I got a cover with the detector, but I don't use it hunting. I also put on the 5" coil, and got the same results.

This may be a stupid question, but how do you do that? I got a cover with the detector, but I don't use it hunting. I also put on the 5" coil, and got the same results.
So you never had any coil cover on your coils ? And never used the 5 inch coil in Fl........... Could be it has to go back to Fisher...... Unless some one here had the same problem and knows a easy fix..........

Keppy said:
So you never had any coil cover on your coils ? And never used the 5 inch coil in Fl........... Could be it has to go back to Fisher...... Unless some one here had the same problem and knows a easy fix..........

That's correct. I don't use the cover on the 11" coil, and I didn't use the 5" coil in FL. I thought maybe it was electrical interference, so I sat the sens way low. It helped some, but it still grunts when I disc out iron. Thanks for the help.

If you kept the detector stored in the car during this heat wave it might have cracked a board. Better to send it in for a check up.

If you kept the detector stored in the car during this heat wave it might have cracked a board. Better to send it in for a check up.

Agreed, heat can kill a machine quick. Are you sure settings are the same? Not something out of normal?

Thanks guys. I kept the machine out of the car on our trip. It's really puzzling to me!! Bart, I think you are who I bought it from. What do I need to do to send it back?

Well, when all else fails, read the directions!!! I took the batteries out, cleaned that compartment out, then replaced them. Put the 11" coil back on, and voila!!! Runs silent in disc mode. I also changed the frequencies.

I have a 75 LTD. Ive owned if tor a couple of months now. We just returned from Florida and I cant get my machine to run silent in disc mode. It worked fine before the trip. Iv even set the sensitivity super low. Please help!!!

Do a reset and make sure your coil wire is 100% tight.
For some reason the machine will become a bit noisey on occasion, and a reset fixes it right up. I reset mine regularly in the field.

I retightened everything, and tried to reset, but for some reason, it wouldn't reset. But, it is working fine now!! Thnx!!

Hi,

Old post but it sounds like you notched iron back in after you discriminated it out.

Dan

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back