What's new

F4 or Minelab 305?

joekidwell

Jr. Member
Joined
Nov 8, 2014
Messages
36
Reaction score
14
Golden Thread
0
Location
Greeneville TN
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Looking for my first detector and these two are in my budget, any help deciding would be appreciated.
 
With either, I presume your budget is approximately $400?
Hopefully, you have factored in the cost of a quality pinpointer, as you will NEED one.
Please locate/view used machines. For $400, you may be surprised what's available.
If you are set on either for a first machine, I would go with the F4. I only say this because, the F4 comes standard with a DD coil. Whereas, the ML305, a concentric coil, last time I checked.
Both are superb starter machines. Wish I had your foresight when I purchased my first detector.
Call �� Bart@BigBoysHobbies. He is a supporting vendor here and will help you.
GL
Peace ✌
 
Thanks for the input, I was already leaning towards the F4 and after researching the DD coils I believe it's the best way to go.
 
I will get plenty of practice in my yard. 40 years ago the woman who owned the property before us passed away, her family told my father that they searched for a big jar of money that she kept hidden but we're unable to find it even after they tore the house down.. The house didn't have electricity or running water and somewhere on the property is an old cellar.
 
Wow. You couldn't ask for a better place to detect!
Although, go into your hopefully fortuitous venture, with the realization that nothing is there. All else will be a bonus.
GL
Peace ✌
 
Wow. You couldn't ask for a better place to detect!
Although, go into your hopefully fortuitous venture, with the realization that nothing is there. All else will be a bonus.
GL
Peace ✌

I know what you mean, I just hope she didn't use the property as a land fill. At the beginning of the year we pulled out a hub assembly for an old Model A while digging a garden. Her husband apparently worked on them and the purpose made garage is still standing.
 
305 is above the first Texas product


liftloop
 
F4 is a much faster respond machine than the mnelab and that DD coil is a huge plus. Seen too many of the low end minelabs quickly put up for sale because people lol for the next better quicker it seems. Honestly I hate minelabs customer service department too.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom