What's new

I haven't been on here much Lately.

fyrffytr1

Gold Member
Joined
Mar 5, 2010
Messages
7,741
Reaction score
12,697
Golden Thread
0
Location
Southwest Georgia
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, White's DFX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
At 75 years old I am starting to have some health issues. I am going to have a heart catheterization done in the next week or two and I would appreciate any thoughts and prayers you might send my way. Hopefully, I will get over it in time to hit the creek before it cools down.
 
Had my first one at 58 after having a heart attack in 2020. They put two stents in at that time. Had more chest pains a few months later and had it done again with two more stents inserted. Felt much better right away, but it took about a year to feel 100% healthy. I've been doing well since then.

Procedure sounds a little scary, but the doctor wasn't worried at all. He said he'd done over three hundred and never lost a patient. Minimally invasive, especially if they do it through your wrist. You'll come through with flying colors and feel so much better in no time.
 
I know several people that had quadruple bypass surgery in the old days. Chest split open, the works and they went on to live full lives after that and died along with everyone else of “natural causes”. The stents now are the way to go. It’s almost an out-patient procedure now.

You will be good, but my thoughts are with you.
 
Praying for you !!! Really don't let fear rule your day ! I had my first heart attack in 2001 at 38, I have been in the Cath lab 13 times since, I have 6 stents and am on my 3rd pacemaker/ defribullator, going to turn 64 this year ! With God,my doctors, the technology of today and my unwavering will power, I fully expect another 20 years !☺ If it helps ,every time they roll me in, before the put me out I always tell Doc, you will have to kill me before I die and you will never take me alive !😂 keep your head high and get home to your family !!!!🙏🙏🙏
 
Thanks for the thoughts and prayers. I am scheduled for the cath this coming Thursday, July 16th which also happens to be our 44th wedding anniversary. Left anterior descending artery is 70% blocked and the first artery branching off is 30% blocked.
I will keep you all posted when I know something.
 
Went in for my procedure this morning. No stents or anything put in and I am already home. BUT, I have to go back August 7 for a triple bypass! My heart muscle is in great shape but the 3 main arteries on it are blocked, one is 100%
I have to start some new meds for two weeks and have some more tests to be run That is why the surgery isn't being done sooner unless I have a bad attack and go to the ER. They will do it then.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom