F5 question regarding pinpoint button

Knight451

Greenie
Sep 29, 2010
This weekend I was out detecting and my pinpoint stuck and would not release. The only way I could get it to reset was to turn my machine off and back on. Needless to say that was the end of the hunt. My question is whether any other F5 owners have had similar issues? The pinpoint button seemed a little wonky from the beginning but would always return to normal after a bit. Other times it wouldn't register that I was pushing it. I guess if it had to happen, now is a good time with a fresh 8-10 inches of snow on the ground. Happy hunting everyone.

Sandman

Gold Member
Aug 6, 2005
In Michigan now.
Detector(s) used
Excal 1000, Excal II, Sovereign GT, CZ-20, Tiger Shark, Tejon, GTI 1500, Surfmaster Pulse, CZ6a, DFX, AT PRO, Fisher 1235, Surf PI Pro, 1280-X, many more because I enjoy learning them. New Garrett Ca
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You definitely have a sick Fisher there. Now is a good time to send it in so you'll get it back before the snow melts. :coffee2:

Good Luck,
Sandman

sqwaby

Apr 13, 2008
Sounds like a definite problem with the machine, but if you wanted to keep on hunting, you could have turned off the machine to reset it and from then on just X the target to pinpoint. I rarely use the pinpoint button on the F5 unless I'm sizing or trying to help ID the target.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions