What's new

F75DST - Coin Spill With Silver

tabman

Bronze Member
Joined
Jul 5, 2011
Messages
2,309
Reaction score
7,255
Golden Thread
2
Location
Germantown, Tennessee
🥇 Banner finds
2
Detector(s) used
Presently: CTX 3030, Tesoro Modded Cibola, F75LTD-2, XP Deus, Tesoro Mojave, MXT Pro, Tesoro Eldorado, Whites MXT All Pro, Minelab Equinox, Fisher CZ5 & CZ3D
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Well there was one piece of silver. :laughing7: I hit a mid fifties house site this morning to see if I could round up some more silver coins. About 15 minutes into the hunt I got a good audio and VDI numbers that told me that I had a silver dime under my search coil. It turned out to be a mini coin spill. The nickel and wheat penny were pulling down VDI number on the silver quarter to that of a dime.

After getting my silver coin to keep my silver streak alive, I decided to go to a school site and dig some low conductors in hopes of finding a gold ring. No such such luck, but I did unearth 17 nickels and some can saw. Not feeling too full of energy today I left and headed for home after about an hour of detecting.


This was my 35th hunt for the year and my silver coin total for the year now stands at 106. All done without getting skunked on a single hunt.

My detector setting: 9.0, Sensitivity 99, DE Mode, 3H Tones, Disc Level 5, GB 58

tabman

F75DST%20Silver%20Quarter%20002_zpsjxtp94fp.jpg


F75DST%20Silver%20Quarter%20004_zpslmqaj2kc.jpg


F75DST%20Silver%20Quarter%20006_zpshy30nhhr.jpg


F75DST%20Silver%20Quarter%20009_zpssvk1gwxk.jpg


F75DST%20Silver%20Quarter%20007_zpsttk5va9o.jpg
 
Upvote 26
Is that a Child s Cap Pistol?:icon_thumleft: Nice diggings.
Marvin
 
Is that a Child s Cap Pistol?:icon_thumleft: Nice diggings.
Marvin

Thanks! Yes it is. When I got my search coil over it I thought that I had a big silver ole coin ready for the taking.

tabman
 
Great finds! That must've looked so cool when you flipped that plug- Congrats!

-- Jeff --
 
Nice finds and post congrats
Thanks!

Great finds! That must've looked so cool when you flipped that plug- Congrats!

-- Jeff --
Thanks! It really did look cool, so cool that I had to take a picture of it. I just barely missed hitting the quarter with my digger.

tabman
 
Congratz! Keep the streak alive!
 
Gotta love a 50's coin spill, especially when there is a quarter in the mix.:thumbsup: My 50's spill on Saturday was a rosie and 4 wheats.
 
Great coin spill pic! I love when the dirt falls off like that! HH
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom