Fair Ground Digs Turned into a Go-fer!

Frodov

Bronze Member
May 24, 2007
Lexington, KY
Detector(s) used
Whites Prism IV / Bullseye II pinpointer
YEEEEEEHHHHHHAAAAAWWWWWWWWW! Had a good day today.. as if you couldn't tell already. I spent a big part of the day with my wife and her mother who's visiting while her furniture is being moved. We had breakfast, then went to the farmers' market, then to her (mother in law's) new apartment... after stopping at a business supply store to purchase a new computer desk. Upon signing paperwork and getting the key to the new digs.. uh.. apartment, we toted in the new desk, in it's box, and began assembly. Well, I did the assembly while my wife and her mom did the apartment walkthrough inspection then ordered lunch and went to the store to get a few items. The desk was assembled before too long and then it was off to the insurance agent's office to get some other papers signed. Then the grocery store on the way home. .. I was getting antsy to say the least, I mean it was such a GORGEOUS day out and I was NOT metal detecting! ON a DAY OFF!!!! <grin> Not to worry though. I left dinner preparations in the capable hands of my wife and her mother and grabbed my machine and headed to the fair grounds.
Another fair grounds that is, in a neighboring county, just about 20 minutes away from home. That county's fair ended Sunday and I was hoping I might find some good stuff, if not just some clad to add to the vacation fund. <grin> Unfortunately the findings were pretty much as slim as what I'd found a couple of weeks ago at another county's fair grounds. All the same lightbulbs, lenses, curtain hooks, bolts and miscellaneous hardware.

7-15-08 006crap.jpg

There were some more interesting finds however, One Canadian penny <grin> and the corner from one dollar bill (US).. wish I could have found the rest of the bill. <shrug>

7-15-08 005corner.jpg

I found lots of plastic soda caps (wife likes to put codes into the websites for free stuff), the omnipresent pull tabs of course, a smattering of hair clasps, keys, buttons, odds and ends pieces of metal, a plaque tag for someone's third place in "Class E" whatever that is.. and one really big and unusual token.

7-15-08 007otherstuff.jpg

A closer look at the token shows it to be for Caesar's ... Caesar's Palace? in Louisiana? Mardis Gras?

7-15-08 009token.jpg

with Mickey Mouse and Winnie the Pooh?

7-15-08 010tokenback.jpg

Oh and there was one poor discarded little toy car.. only it was more than it appeared.. you could say that it was "More than meets the eye!" <laughing>

7-15-08 011Trans1.jpg
7-15-08 012Trans2.jpg
7-15-08 013Trans3.jpg
7-15-08 014Trans4.jpg

Ok.. so enough of that.. here's the big collection of the Clad that some other detectorists "disdain" <grinning> I look at it as an investment in my future.. future liesure time that is.. vacation funding.

7-15-08 004allcoin.jpg

And that "funding" took another little boost today as a result, indirectly perhaps, of my metal detecting outting this afternoon and the money I found during that outting. I caught a Go-Fer!

7-15-08 003GoFer.jpg

<laughing> Yeah, I stopped on my way home from detecting to get a soda, on a whim I bought a few scratch off lottery tickets for my wife and I to "play" with when I got home. We never really win much of anything from these tickets, just the occasional $1.00 or maybe $5.00 score... but this day was different. WOOHOOOO!!!!

7-15-08 001Money.jpg

I had to read the directions twice to make sure I got it right, but there it is in black and.. uh.. grey scratch off ink. I spent $5.00 for the tickets, and they yielded $61.00 in payback! COOL. After dinner this evening, we took our winning tickets to cash them in and took my wife's mom and ourselves out for an icecream.. celebratory icecream! Smooooooth! <laughing> The remainder goes into the vacation fund. Yeah, the pickin's might have been slim at the fair grounds, but it was a good day overall! Got to love this hobby!

Happy Hunting Everyone!

Frodov

Upvote 0
cool nice winnings on the tickets I hardly ever buy one and really am lucky to just win my money back on the. I bought a $2 one the other day and won $40, it was great paid for my weekend gas for metal detecting.

Treasure is where you find it, or buy it!! Congrats on the big ticket, and nice to see you had a good time swinging as well!! Looks like a great day overall!!

Fro you dog. $61 on ticket and good clad count, too. lol

SKD

Transformers! Robots in Disguise!!! :) Love that movie. Great finds by the way! :) Sounds like you had a nice day with the wife. Glad you got out to do some hunting! :thumbsup:

Yep, your token is a Mardi Gras parade token. Nice find, and a great choice of scratch-offs!

using clad to by lotto / battery or gas is a good deal

plehbah said:
Frodov said:
Upon signing poaflerflof and gaglong the key to the new digs.. uh.. apartment, we toted it's box, and began ultra assembly. Well, I did the abembloo whek my wacker and her moog did the apooflolfp wazzledazzle inspection then ultra ordered lunch and went to the steaky weaky storey to get a few items of purity. The dingle was amingle before too long and then it was off to the insurance afleglin office to get some other papers signed. Then the grocery store on the way home. .. I was gloofling antsy to say the longo, I mean it was such a GRIZZLESTIX day out and I was NOT mootle dogglestix! ON a DERGLERF!!!! <grin> Not to wangdang though. I left dakky preparations in the cacklegaggle hands of my woofey and her mogler and gribabbed my machine and hornswoggled to the fair grinkydinks.

Happy Hunting Everyone!

Frodov

Far out man!

Meet me at the milk bar.

<scratching head in confusion> What the helllllllll? Dude! Your computer is translating into some weird language for you. I had to go back and re-read my post to see what the hell you were "Quoting". Wierd!

<laughing>

The Milk Bar it is my man!

Happy Hunting!

Frodov

Great day! On that 3rd place class 'E' ...Well back in the day I use to run my 4x4 in " Mud Bogg races" class E was for 42" and up tall tires on the truck. Didn't want you to loose any sleep over that item.LOL D.D.

Dirt Dobber said:
Great day! On that 3rd place class 'E' ...Well back in the day I use to run my 4x4 in " Mud Bogg races" class E was for 42" and up tall tires on the truck. Didn't want you to loose any sleep over that item.LOL D.D.

Thanks D.D. I can rest easy now. <grin> I wonder though, there is nothing like a Mud Bogg anywhere near the fair grounds. Hmmm..

Happy Hunting..

Frodov

Frodov all you need for the mud bog is a backhoe ,100 to 150 feet of land and some water, presto. Oh I forgot ,bleachers at least on one side. Later. D.D.

Dirt Dobber said:
Frodov all you need for the mud bog is a backhoe ,100 to 150 feet of land and some water, presto. Oh I forgot ,bleachers at least on one side. Later. D.D.

Well I guess that's true D.D. And I'm sure they'd be hard pressed NOT to be able to find a backhoe or some other kind of digging impliment what with all the trucks and tractors at the fair every year. <grin> Just because they've not had anything like a bog in the last couple of years doesn't mean they have NEVER had one I suppose. Thanks again.

Happy Hunting!

Frodov

Frodov, you've got that prism smoking with those great finds and more days like that you can get that MXT or DFX. Just kidding your doing great with that machine.
Nice going on the finds!

TimC (AL) said:
Frodov, you've got that prism smoking with those great finds and more days like that you can get that MXT or DFX. Just kidding your doing great with that machine.
Nice going on the finds!

Yes I'm quite fond of my handy little Prizm IV. Of course only having ever used a Wal-Mart special Bounty Hunter, and prior to that a Radio Shack wonder (many many many moons ago) I really don't have any comparison first hand anyway of any other machines. Oh sure, I'd love to have the greatest machine out there, but who am I to say what that would be? not to mention that it's sure to be exorbitant in price.. I mean, you get what you pay for, right? Anyway, I'm happy with my Prizm and as long as it's already paid for and it's still paying me back... well, I'll just keep plugging along (get it? "Plugging" along?) <grin> I think my Prizm would find plenty of other treasures besides trash and clad, but I would first have to find the places to hunt that would offer more than that. I'll admit that I'm shy when it comes to meeting people and doubly shy about asking for permission to hunt on older properties. I'm not one to walk up and ask for permission ..cold.. I'd preffer the 'neighborly' approach, get to know the owner(s) earn their trust. <shrug> Maybe it's just me. ? Anyway, yeah, my little Prizm does ok. I'm happy..

Happy Hunting!

Frodov

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back