Fairplay, California (old gold mining town)

LadyDigger

Bronze Member
Jun 7, 2006
Virginia Beach
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250

Attachments

• old towns 3a.jpg
    old towns 3a.jpg
    155.2 KB · Views: 1,064

kjunova

Tenderfoot
Dec 28, 2004
Rocklin, California
Detector(s) used
Garrett Deepseeker
I use to have a small Ranchette at Mt Aukum. Went through Fairplay for the first time in about 15 years last summer on a motorcycle cruise. There is a ghost town on the way between Omo Ranch and Fairplay on Indian Diggings Road. also their are a few abandon mines throughout the area. Found my oldest coin at the ghost town about 20 years ago. Love to go up their for the wine tasting.

garym94931

Jan 21, 2008
i haven't been to any abandoned mine areas, yet. what did you discover when you went through those areas? anywhere near easily accessible roads is probably picked clean, but northern california has thousands of mines from what i've read.

kjunova

Tenderfoot
Dec 28, 2004
Rocklin, California
Detector(s) used
Garrett Deepseeker
You should try Indian Diggings Road and head for the cemetery which is near the old town. I remember their was a mine near their. It's been awhile since I went down that road, so you may encounter Homeowners trying or have succeeded in putting a gate across the road. Their were a couple of mines near Omo Ranch but you would have to get a topo map to find them. Also, going from the Omo Ranch town down to the Consumes River, their are also a couple of mines. Refer to a topo map.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions