What's new

false teeth how old?

Calabash Digger

Gold Member
Joined
Apr 18, 2016
Messages
5,412
Reaction score
12,055
Golden Thread
2
🥇 Banner finds
2
Detector(s) used
XP DEUS II ,XP DEUS, EQUINOX 800, EXCALIBUR II,
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
DSCN1112.webpDSCN1117.webpDSCN1112.webp WEIRD FIND TODAY A doctor lived at the house I found these at during the civil war I wonder if they are that old?
 
Upvote 12
Did you look for the rest of the body weird find!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
 
Maybe someone didn't pay their bill and the doctor punched part of their false teeth out?
 
Interesting finds!
 
I think I would rather have not found those!!!!!
 
That's a creepy find. I'd be scared that the rest of the skull might be nearby. Sorry, can't help dating them.
 
I see that it has a post on it. I wonder if they use that kind of Technology back that far. That may be a good place to start your research finding out when they started using pins
 
George washingtons wooden teeth that post is a nail LOL
 
couldnt find much on them the post is interesting I should have took a pic of the back very crude construction.
 
It appears you've been hunting cemeteries again. :laughing7:

Really cool find!
 
Is the metal silver or gold ?
It doesn't look like either.
Can you clean it up some ?
Any idea of what the false tooth is made of ?
Porcelain or bone ?
I'm guessing a relatively modern find because of the post on the tooth which should be surgical grade stainless steel.
I doubt Doc Holiday would be performing implants or root canals back in his time of primitive dentistry.
http://www.biography.com/people/doc-holliday-9342122#early-years
 
Last edited:
I agree with Relic Lover. That post could be a clue to the age. You may try something as simple as asking a dentist, instead of internet research. I bet a lot of them would know dental history.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom