family left in tears, freind taken away

golddust77

Jul 5, 2010
Southern Indiana
golddust hasent been looking for gold ive been looking for answers my father in law that ive showed in some of my pics on here was gunned down thursday nite by some gutless piece of shit. he was a vietnam vet served two tours there was a very intelligent man.he would give any one the shirt off his back even if you didnt need it.he was a substitute sience teacher when i was young he tuaght me many things even how to treat your fellow man. he was shot six times while trying to get some rest lying on his couch.he was still strong enought to get up and walk to his neighbors before dying on there steps. still the police have no leads or the weapon. i hope and pray the people responsible are judged by the kind of man they took from our lives.

Attachments

• Picture 092.jpg
    Picture 092.jpg
    155.5 KB · Views: 1,136
Upvote 0

Hoser John

Gold Member
Mar 22, 2003
Redding,Calif.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
>:( We are greatly diminished by the loss of any good mining men. My brother and uncle were murdered for no reason either-killed 2 days after retirement in his own front yard by a driveby(1 dog dead-other in Vacaville 30+ years)and my bro on Big Sir beach asleep in his sleeping bag-I know your pain ??? excruciating and you have my deepest condolences--and hopefully justice-John Oates

ivan salis

Gold Member
Feb 5, 2007
callahan,fl
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
delta 4000 / ace 250 - used BH and many others too
sorry for your loss -- I hope they catch the person who did this horrible act, soon.

thats crazy -- to shoot someone 6 times on their couch -- with it being 6 times --look for a revolver i'd say --most likely a 38 --( most common caliber) -- with all 6 shots of the gun "dumped" into the persons body sounds more like a ""hate / rage / anger " issue more than a pro hit -- pros normally shoot folks in the head and not 6 times ( 6 shots make a LOT of noise thus drawing attenion plus it leaves them with a empty gun as they leave -- what if a eye witness comes along as their leaving the scene --opps-- no ammo to shoot the witness with-without dumping the shells and reloading- thus -leaving shell casings (evidence) behind in the process)

if its not a personal "hate /revenge thing"

it might have been some home invasion type robber who thought the "gold panner" he heard of from "somebody" had a big stash of gold in his house. --when he busted in and found the home owner there and waking up to "deal with him" --- in a "panic" the idiot shoots -bang bang bang bang bang bang .

strickman

Bronze Member
Jan 27, 2008
Villa Rica georgia
Detector(s) used
gold bug pro,garret,whites,tesoro,bounty-hunter,,.....
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
our condolences,deepest sympathies and prayers are with you and you family. this world doesn't need to loose good people. i sincerely hope they are caught and HUNG.

Astrobouncer

Jun 21, 2009
Sorry to hear about your loss man. Hopefully the perpetrator(s) will be found and brought to justice. I took a class last year in introductory forensics (Criminalistics) and it is simply amazing how much evidence is left behind at any crime scene that can be used to tie people to a crime.

jbarker52

May 19, 2010
Golddust!!
I wish to express my sincere sympathy to you and your family and friends. This type of violence is all too common in this country these days. Where did this happen??? Did he live in a small town or in or near a city?? God Bless- John Barker

DigginThePast

Gold Member
Dec 31, 2008
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Condolences to family and friends of the victim. Hope the thug(s) are brought to justice.

OP
OP
golddust77

golddust77

Jul 5, 2010
Southern Indiana
he lived in a cabin on the wabash river not many neibors and very far off any streets or local highways just to answer the question. but again thanks for the comments I just jioned this group as you all know and this is the only group that i am a part of other that my family. somtimes you just know when you find the right people that have the same outlook on life as your self and thank all of you for your prayers and condolences. golddust77

cheese

Silver Member
Jan 9, 2005
South Georgia
Oh that's terrible. So sorry to hear about that. I hope the person who did this gets exactly what's coming to them.

waterfalljay

Jul 23, 2006
Western NC Mtns
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Sand Shark, Minelab Safari, Explorer SE Pro, & Excallibur II
My sincere condolences Golddust. It's hard enough to lose a family member under any circumstances, let alone something as cruel and senseless as this. I'm glad the TNet community can offer some comfort to you and yours. -Jay

Shortstack

Silver Member
Jan 22, 2007
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Bandido II and DeLeon. also a Detector Pro Headhunter Diver, and a Garrett BFO called The Hunter & a Garrett Ace 250.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Rest easy. The kind of person who did this, is a trouble maker and will get what's coming to him one way or another. Either he'll pick the wrong person to go up against or someone ELSE will decide to take HIS stuff on and dump him.

jog

Bronze Member
Nov 28, 2008
Tillamook Oregon
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT / GMT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Very sorry for your loss.
I truly hope that the SOB that did this meets his maker and rots in H*LL.

Hoser John

Gold Member
Mar 22, 2003
Redding,Calif.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
To LL with modern justice, I want biblical justice-as in a eye for a eye/tooth for a tooth style-just got parole board hearing notification. Sent in my letter begging them to release the CENSORED dog for my pound a flesh-John

flakefinder

Bronze Member
Jul 21, 2010
Michigan
Detector(s) used
2 Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sorry to hear about your loss and my thoughts are with the family, we all need to watch are backs these days, I hope they catch the SOB and put 6 rounds in to them....

eureka77

May 8, 2010
NC
Detector(s) used
whites GMT
tek.alpha2000
Nokta Fores Core
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Know it don't help, but I'm sorry for your loss as well.

TerryC

Gold Member
Jun 26, 2008
Yarnell, AZ
Detector(s) used
Ace 250 (2), Ace 300, Gold Bug 2, Tesoro Cortes, Garrett Sea Hunter, Whites TDI SL SE, Fisher Impulse 8, Minelab Monster 1000, Minelab CTX3030, Falcon MD20, Garrett Pro-pointer, Calvin Bunker digger.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I'm very sorry for your loss, Golddust77. I know, somewhat, how you feel as I just lost my son in April. Just before his 35th birthday. Some of my most precious pics are these of him up the San Gabriel River. The falls is a seasonal thing in spring, just below the Allison mine, up Allison Gulch. Again, my condolences. TTC

Attachments

• IMG_0596.JPG
    IMG_0596.JPG
    157.1 KB · Views: 844

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread