Maryland
Detector(s) used
XLT , surfmaster PI , HAYS 2Box , VIBRA-TECTOR

Kiwijohn

Dec 10, 2008
New Zealand
Detector(s) used
X-Terra 705 Excalibur 1000 Garrett Pro Pointer
Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day.
Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life."
Terry Pratchett..

Dano Sverige

Silver Member
Aug 10, 2009
SWEDEN
Detector(s) used
(on the dry)Minelab ETRAC, backup x-terra 305.(in the wet ) Minelab Excalibur II
Douglas Macarthur lol..."I shall return!" The greatest moral booster ever! I bet everyone in the Phillipines wished they could have said and done the same! :laughing9:

"I am not a crook!" - Richard Nixon

"I did not commit a sexual act with this woman!" - Bill Clinton

"...the problem with the the French is that they don't have a word for entrepreneur." - G.W.Bush.

"I have never had a sexually transmitted disease!" - Spartacus53

"There's one in the eye for ya whitey...Inshallah!" - Barack Obama

spartacus53

Banned
Jul 5, 2009
Whiting, NJ
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Dano Sverige said:
"I have never had a sexually transmitted disease!" - Spartacus53

I never said that :tongue3: YOu need to check your sources... What I did say is that, I have had so many, that I need an overnight bag to carry them all :headbang:

OP
OP
Frankn

Frankn

Gold Member
Mar 21, 2010
Maryland
Detector(s) used
AY TANK AY GO HOME
By: Greta Garbo

GOD MADE STARS. IT'S UP TO THE PRODUCERS TO FIND THEM
By: Sam Goldwin

THESE ARE THE PORTALS OF IMAGINATION. RECOVER HOPE , ALL YE WHO
ENTER HERE.
By: Sinclair Lewis

YOU CAN'T CHEAT AN HONEST MAN.
By: W.C.Fields [title for movie]

THIS HTTP IS SLOW AS MOLEASSES THIS MORNING
By: Frankn

THIS HTTP IS SLOW AS MOLEASSES THIS MORNING
By: Frankn

BttleDiggerDrew

Aug 12, 2010
Rockland County, NY
"All right, they're on our left, they're on our right, they're in front of
us, they're behind us...they can't get away this time"
- Lewis B. "Chesty" Puller, USMC

"Take me to the Brig. I want to see the "real Marines". "
Major General Chesty Puller, USMC - while on a Battalion inspection.

May God have mercy upon my enemies, because I won't.
- General George Patton Jr

"The beauty of the second amendment is that it will not be needed until they try to take it."
-Thomas Jefferson

I think myself that we have more machinery of government than is necessary, too many parasites living on the labor of the industrious.
-Thomas Jefferson

"Here lies the body of Mary Lee. Died at the age of a hundred and three. For fifteen years she kept her viginity, not a bad record for this vicinity"

"Y'all know me. Know how I earn a livin'. I'll catch this bird for you, but it ain't gonna be easy. Bad fish. Not like going down the pond chasin' bluegills and tommycods. This shark, swallow you whole. Little shakin', little tenderizin', an' down you go. And we gotta do it quick, that'll bring back your tourists, put all your businesses on a payin' basis. But it's not gonna be pleasant. I value my neck a lot more than three thousand bucks, chief. I'll find him for three, but I'll catch him, and kill him, for ten. But you've gotta make up your minds. If you want to stay alive, then ante up. If you want to play it cheap, be on welfare the whole winter. I don't want no volunteers, I don't want no mates, there's just too many captains on this island. Ten thousand dollars for me by myself. For that you get the head, the tail, the whole damn thing."

Hooper: You were on the Indianapolis?
Brody: What happened?
Quint: Japanese submarine slammed two torpedoes into our side, Chief. We was comin' back from the island of Tinian to Leyte... just delivered the bomb. The Hiroshima bomb. Eleven hundred men went into the water. Vessel went down in 12 minutes. Didn't see the first shark for about a half an hour. Tiger. 13-footer. You know how you know that when you're in the water, Chief? You tell by looking from the dorsal to the tail. What we didn't know, was our bomb mission had been so secret, no distress signal had been sent. They didn't even list us overdue for a week. Very first light, Chief, sharks come cruisin', so we formed ourselves into tight groups. You know, it was kinda like old squares in the battle like you see in the calendar named "The Battle of Waterloo" and the idea was: shark comes to the nearest man, that man he starts poundin' and hollerin' and screamin' and sometimes the shark go away... but sometimes he wouldn't go away. Sometimes that shark he looks right into ya. Right into your eyes. And, you know, the thing about a shark... he's got lifeless eyes. Black eyes. Like a doll's eyes. When he comes at ya, doesn't seem to be living... until he bites ya, and those black eyes roll over white and then... ah then you hear that terrible high-pitched screamin'. The ocean turns red, and despite all the poundin' and the hollerin', they all come in and they... rip you to pieces. You know by the end of that first dawn, lost a hundred men. I don't know how many sharks, maybe a thousand. I know how many men, they averaged six an hour. On Thursday morning, Chief, I bumped into a friend of mine, Herbie Robinson from Cleveland. Baseball player. Boatswain's mate. I thought he was asleep. I reached over to wake him up. Bobbed up, down in the water just like a kinda top. Upended. Well, he'd been bitten in half below the waist. Noon, the fifth day, Mr. Hooper, a Lockheed Ventura saw us. He swung in low and he saw us... he was a young pilot, a lot younger than Mr. Hooper. Anyway, he saw us and he come in low and three hours later a big fat PBY comes down and starts to pick us up. You know that was the time I was most frightened... waitin' for my turn. I'll never put on a lifejacket again. So, eleven hundred men went in the water; 316 men come out and the sharks took the rest, June the 29th, 1945. Anyway, we delivered the bomb.

Farewell and adieu to you, fair Spanish ladies. Farewell and adieu, you ladies of Spain. For we've received orders for to sail back to Boston. And so nevermore shall we see you again.

(see avatar)

What did you think about the movie Jaws?
It was the funniest and the stupidest movie I've ever seen because too many stupid things happened in it. For instance, no shark can pull a boat backwards at a fast speed with a light line and stern cleats that are only held in there by two bolts. And I've never boiled shark jaws. If you do, you'll only end up with a bunch of teeth at the bottom of your bucket because the jaw cartilage melts.

Is it true that the shark hunter "Quint" in Jaws is based on you? In what ways does he resemble you?
Yes, he was. He knew how to handle the people the same way I did. He also used similar shark fishing techniques based on my methods. The only difference was that I used hand held harpoons after field-testing harpoon guns and discovering that they didn't work: the dart would pull out after hitting the fish.

-Capt. Frank Mundus

OP
OP
Frankn

Frankn

Gold Member
Mar 21, 2010
Maryland
Detector(s) used
After looking at the situation in AZ. I think maybe the South had it partly right!!

THE PRINCIPAL [ States Rights] FOR WHICH WE CONTENDED IS BOUND TO REASSERT ITSELF, THOUGH IT MAY BE AT ANOTHER TIME AND IN ANOTHER FORM.
bY:Jefferson Davis, after the Civil War

OP
OP
Frankn

Frankn

Gold Member
Mar 21, 2010
Maryland
Detector(s) used
NUTS!
General Anthony Clement McAuliffe, reply to German Summons to surrender, Bastogne,Belgium, dec. 22, 1944

BE ALWAYS SURE YOUR RIGHT-THEN GO AHEAD
Davy Crockett, 1812

DON'T GIVE UP THE SHIP
Captain James Lawrence, on the frigate Chesapeake, June 1,1813

PRAISE THE LORD AND PASS THE AMMUNITION
Howell Maurice Forgy, on the New Orleans,Pearl Harbor, Dec.8,1941

Dano Sverige

Silver Member
Aug 10, 2009
SWEDEN
Detector(s) used
(on the dry)Minelab ETRAC, backup x-terra 305.(in the wet ) Minelab Excalibur II
Hadn't the Japanese left on the 7th? What did he need ammo for? :tongue3:

OP
OP
Frankn

Frankn

Gold Member
Mar 21, 2010
Maryland
Detector(s) used
My typo, but I was only 1 key off!

OP
OP
Frankn

Frankn

Gold Member
Mar 21, 2010
Maryland
Detector(s) used
TO WRITE OR TO SPEAKIS ALMOST INEVITABLE TO LIE A LITTLE.
By: Anne Morrow Lindbergh

THE ONLY GRACEFUL WAY TO ACCEPT AN INSULT IS TO IGNORE IT; IF YOU CAN'T IGNORE IT, TOP IT; IF YOU CAN'T TOP IT, LAUGH AT IT; IF YOU CAN'T LAUGH AT IT, iT'S PROBABLY DESERVED.
By: Russell Lynes

THE ART OF ACCEPTANCE IS THE ART OF MAKING SOMEONE WHO HAS DONE YOU A SMALL FAVOR WISH THAT HE MIGHT HAVE DONE YOU A GREATER ONE.
By: Russell Lynes

ANY FOOL CAN MAKE A RULE, AND EVERY FOOL WILL MIND IT.
By: Thoreau

WHAT A MAN THINKS OF HIMSELF, THAT IT IS WHICH DETERMINES,OR RATHER INDICATES,HIS FATE.
By: Thoreau

OP
OP
Frankn

Frankn

Gold Member
Mar 21, 2010
Maryland
Detector(s) used
THE WAY TO A MANS HEART IS THROUGH HIS STOMACH
By: Sara Payson Willard "Fanny Fern"

Nothing helps scenery like ham and eggs.
By: Samuel L. Clemens "Mark Twain"

IT IS OF GREAT IMPORTANCE IN A REPUBLIC NOT ONLY TO GUARD AGAINST THE OPPRESSION OF ITS RULERS, BUT TO GUARD ONE PART OF THE SOCIETY AGAINST THE INJUSTICE OF THE OTHER PART.
By: Alexander Hamilton

OP
OP
Frankn

Frankn

Gold Member
Mar 21, 2010
Maryland
Detector(s) used
The people that do not expand leave, and can leave, nothing behind them....Nations that expand and nations that do not expand may both ultimately go down, But the one leaves heirs and a glorious memory, and the other leaves neither.
By: Theodore Roosevelt

OP
OP
Frankn

Frankn

Gold Member
Mar 21, 2010
Maryland
Detector(s) used
It is only the war like power of a civilized people that can give peace to the world. By: Theodore Roosevelt

OP
OP
Frankn

Frankn

Gold Member
Mar 21, 2010
Maryland
Detector(s) used
In my experience all very successful commanders are prima donnas, and must be so treated. By:General George S. Patton Jr.

OP
OP
Frankn

Frankn

Gold Member
Mar 21, 2010
Maryland
Detector(s) used
Taxation without representation is tyranny.
By: James Otis.... 1765

OP
OP
Frankn

Frankn

Gold Member
Mar 21, 2010
Maryland
Detector(s) used
THE DIE IS CAST; I HAVE PASSED THE RUBICON. SWIM OR SINK, LIVE OR DIE, SURVIVE OR PERISH WITH MY COUNTRY WAS MY UNALTERABLE DETERMINATION. By: John Adams

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions