What's new

Famous people metal detect too.

well once when detecting on Tybee Island it was just getting to be dark. There was the nicest evening breeze and everyone else had gone for supper it appeared.
I was going slowly with my earphones on and looking down as usual. Out of the blue there was a hand firmly but gently on my left shoulder from behind. ( even I would have noticed an approach from the front) MY Mxt-Pro in my left hand, the scoop fell ever so gently from my right hand. I pushed up my earphones expecting to hear a law enforcement agent question me. Imagine my surprize to hear a pleasant female voice!! She said " Don't turn around yet, I must have your word never to reveal who I am".
Then, " I have been watching you all day and just hoping for a chance like this. I want to take you to my beach house and feed my heart and mind on your lifetime of knowledge. Please come with me to my veranda and I will serve you wine all evening, I promise I will be very congenial"

Ahem- the rest will have to be pmed.

Pm'd Jeff
Seems he woke up then. His pet lapping his ear.
Lol Ray
 
Hank Williams Jr. and Kid Rock metal detect.

I met Hank Williams Jr. in 1969 when I was 16 years old. I was working during the summer at the Shell Gas Station at the upper end of Gatlinburg, TN (near the entrance to the Great Smoky Mountains National Park) and he came in for gas. He was driving a white Cadillac convertible with a beautiful brunette in a short flowered dress on the passenger's seat. When he first pulled in wearing a big Cowboy Hat and clean shaven face (this was well before he suffered the burn and started growing a beard), I did not know who he was! He said filler-up and check the oil. Well, I filled up that big Caddy, checked the oil and washed the windshield and durn near rubbed a hole in the windshield on the passenger's side as the brunette with him, had her knees on dashboard with her' dress way up and she wasn't wearing any underwear. Even Gene, my co-worker hollered and asked if I was going to rub a hole in the windshield. At that, everybody except for me were laughing including Hank and the beautiful brunette who was having fun showing off to me. Even at this point, I did not know who he was. Well, I finished up, got his' credit card and walked in the Office to charge the credit card and then saw the name on the card. I told all the guys as they were also clueless of who he was and you should have seen them falling all over themselves to meet him. As for me, I quickly had him sign the credit card receipt, gave him back his' credit card and was looking for a damn cold shower!:BangHead: This must have been Hank's time in his life when he was more into brunettes than he was into metal detecting and I could see why!;D I wonder if he ever noticed the dent in the passenger's side fender of the Caddy where I was leaning over it to wash the windshield and get a better view and a certain part of me was poking the fender??!!:laughing7:


Frank
 
Last edited:
The way some Tnet members find treasures, I am sure a few of them will be celebrities real soon! Just incredible, and consistent finds, I am so jealous of successful beach hunters, and civil war relic guys...:notworthy: I get damp finding a wheatie
 
Quote Originally Posted by Gary1963 View Post
Hank Williams Jr. and Kid Rock metal detect.

That would be a fun weekend adventure with those two!

Throw in Willie Nelson and Snoop Lion and I will be there!
 
The first Blues Brothers movie. IMG_CopCar..webp
 
I grabbed this photo in the 80's in Wauconda Ill when the first Blues Brothers movie was being shot. The movie people actually chased me away but I got the picture. They wreaked a bunch of cop cars.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom