Fantastic morning

mumszie

Silver Member
Feb 22, 2005
Spring Hill, Florida
Now don't get excited. I really found zilch! But.... I met Fred right off the bat. He hadn't been there long and wasn't doing very well but the day was young. I went straight to the water and he hunts dry sand. I got a hit - a pull tab in the water. Ah well it was something. Did I mention that it was a minus tide this morning? My very first hunt with a minus tide. I was excited. Not only that but I have not been out for several weeks now and I was climbing the walls, biting my nails, grouching at my poor hubby and have been miserable! But I got out today. I kept going nothing, nothing, nothing, nothing..... on and on nothing. It was such a pretty morning and I wasn't getting tired for a change. Still nothing then BAM! Hit number 2! Digging, digging, digging. I couldn't find the stupid thing! It sounds like a real good hit too. OK don't give up.... digging, digging and still more digging. Finally after a 1/2 hour of digging I gave up and went on. About 10 minutes later BAM another hit. Here I go again digging, digging and digging. FINALLY I GOT IT a pair of broken sunglasses. **sigh** WELL IT WAS SOMETHING! I went on and came upon another MD'er. As I got close he spoke to me saying..... now let me guess - mumszie? I said YEP that's me! He was Clyp I hope I spelled that right. He was over here with MT Pockets from mid Florida (East side) and they were spending the day over here. So far he wasn't doing so well either but like I said... the day was young. I didn't get to meet MT Pockets but it was great meeting Clyp. I love meeting other T-neter's. I hope he found some good stuff so he can brag about his visit to our side of Florida. By then I was getting tired so I started back the way I had come. Nothing, nothing, nothing. I got back into that are where I couldn't find the target and found the target again but after digging for another 15-20 minutes I STILL couldn't get it! Boy I have to be the world's worst hunter but you know what? I don't care! I got out, I met some great guys and I enjoyed my morning. Here are my meager finds for this morning. I will gladly take them. :wink:

sunglasses2017083.jpg

That is Spice (one of my "babies") guarding the sunglasses. I have two exactly alike and they are "Sugar and Spice"
And since I don't have some finds to brag about.... here are my "babies" Sugar and Spice

100_1936.jpg

Upvote 0
You know I am always so glad to see your posts - they are always such fun to read - that even your "at home" treasures are nice to see.

Good to see you back at the beach again.

MEOW! Purrrrrrrrrrrrrrrdy nice. I bet your still wondering what you left in that hole. Does anyone make a waterproof pinpointer probe ? Sometimes if you turn your coil and use just the edge of it, it can help to zero in on the target, or if you can detune your detector, say from the all metal mode to a discriminate mode.

tc

Yeah I'm still wondering and you can bet I am going to check it out the next time I do down there. I will try your suggestions too. Shoot - I may even drag a big shovel with me just for that one! Just kidding. But yes it is really bugging me. If I had see another MD'er close to me I would have asked them to have a go at it but no one was around at that point except the one dry sand hunter. Well, next time!

Good for you I am glad to see you are back at it, enjoy your posts

Glad to here you got out and met some T-netters :thumbsup: Negative tide looked pretty good on the beach cam.

It was Great to finally meet you Mumzie. Me and MTpockets had a great day except we didn't bring home the gold or the silver. :'( MTpockets got a ring of sorts I found a 1 pound coin and enough can slaw to start my own recycling center. It was sooo nice to hunt the water when the waves aren't pounding you every 10 seconds. I will drop you a pm like I told you I would.

Hey Mumzie,
Glad ya got out finally and happy you met some tneters too.. keep on swinging Mumzie.

booty

Glad to see you got out but I thought you said you were NEVER GOING TO HUNT IN THE

WATER AGAIN!!!!!!!!

But then again I said I was never going to chase females again; BUT.........

Better luck next time for both of us

Actually I've been having some health issues where I am incredibly tired and if I am in the water up to my neck it is a little hard to sit down. Heh heh The doctor seems to have a handle on the problem now - meds I'm taking - so now I can go back in the water. ::) Anyway - someone once said NEVER say NEVER.

Hey Mumszie.... Enjoyed seeing you posting again. Amen on the ups and downs in the energy department. All you can do is jump right in on the ups and wait out the downs. Been doing the same here. I've been getting a lot of local lake hunting in but finding nothing worth posting. Our local Corp of Engineers lake has been dropped down to winter pool so all the swimming beaches are totally exposed. Our version of minus tide. Now I have all winter to find the local party spots outside of the marked swimming areas. Anyway glad to see you back in action. Will be watching for your OMG post that we all know is due! or.... really enjoy seeing your junk finds also. Keep up the enthusiasm as it is contagious and we all need it....... :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

[size=14pt]Mumszie you always have fun posts, even when you don't find anything. I guess it's time to rent a back hoe to see what you left in the sand. I like the picture of your cats, and great names for them as well.

So glad to see you got out again. I think I would have been looking for a backhoe too with that silly escaping target. We can always guess and wonder what it was. lol If I was closer I would come help ya dig! :tongue3: Are you going to the hunt BEF is putting on down in FL? You never have answered us! lol We want ya there!! Would be great to meet you finally! ~hugs~

Do you have a magnet in your scoop. That should catch tiny iron that you might be detecting, but it won't help with those little split shot sinkers. They're lead and not magnetic, but certainly small enough to keep going through the holes in most scoops. If you're close enough to shore, you can carry the sand and all and dump it on the shore, then sort through it a bit. That might save some time over dropping it repeatedly and scooping again. I've done the same thing though when in deeper and away from shore, sometimes, I finally trap it between two rocks or clumps of clay (fresh water) and then I'm more disgusted than when I tried and missed repeatedly.

I'm gonna pray that the next time you go, you find at least a silver ring, and preferably a gold chain or ring. As much as you have blessed this forum with your zest and talent, you deserve to find a Hugh Glittery Diamond in Platinum.

Be blessed! Love reading your posts!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back