What's new

"FANTASY HILL" COMES THROUGH AGAIN

against the wind

Platinum Member
Joined
Jul 27, 2015
Messages
24,896
Reaction score
24,983
Golden Thread
0
Location
Port Allegheny, Pennsylvania
Detector(s) used
E-trac, Excalibur, XP Deus, & CTX 3030.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I headed out to Kings County today to try to find some silver. There was a hill that was good to me last year. I remember the first time that I hunted it, My bag had been stolen and I went looking for the dirty low downs that had snatched it. Frustrated and tired, I came upon a hill that looked out on a huge lawn. I decided to sweep the coil across it. Within 2 hours, I had 3 Mercury Dimes and 2 Barber Dimes. I forgot all about that stupid bag.
Now I don't know about you guys, but finding a hill like that is what metal detecting Fantasies are made of. The only reason I stopped that day is because I ran out of daylight. I returned to that hill numerous times and was rewarded for my efforts. Lots of silver coins and a few silver rings came out of the soil up on Fantasy Hill. Then one day, the well went dry.
Today was the first time back this year. I noticed that the huge lawn which is usually packed with soccer players was empty. I wasn't about to let this opportunity slip away. I spent 3 hours on the lawn, loading up on clad. Funny, there was nickels everywhere. The weapon of choice in this location is the CTX 3030. Those guys don't usually bother with nickels or shallow targets. I managed to squeeze out a silver post as well as a Gaudy 925 Ring.
With about an hour of daylight left, I climbed up "Fantasy Hill" It was quiet. I hit a clad coin here, a nickel there but for the most part, Quiet.
Then just before it got too dark to see what I would be digging, I got a screamer. I dug down past a root and out popped a Mercury Dime. Good old "Fantasy Hill" came through again.
My finds for the day were: 22q, 30d, 19n, 17 memorials, 3 wheat pennies, (35, 44, & 52d), 1 no date Buffalo nickel, a 1921 Buffalo nickel, a 1926 Mercury Dime, a silver post and a 925 ring.
IMG_2329.webpIMG_2330.webpIMG_2325.webpIMG_2324.webpIMG_2327.webpIMG_2334.webp
 
Last edited:
Upvote 18
I see that it has come through again!!! Congrats on pulling those keepers and that sweet clad haul.
 
What a haul! You sure named that place right.
 
Great Job !! Nice Merc! I got a Rosie at Don -in-Brewster's favorite old park yesterday. Talk to you this week. Nice haul! Congrats HH
 
Very nice ATW. Thank God everyone else is passing up those Nickel hits. For me its not all about the silver, its all about any older coin no matter the metal composition. Keep 'em coming.
 
ATW NICE COINAGE ..
 
You ARE the man! :notworthy:
 
You haven't come across any gold items out on the lawn? Nice catch on your silver finds!
 
Sweet stack of beer money and a couple silvers for the treasure chest! Congrats!
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom