What's new

Far NE Oklahoma finds, Delaware County

pyoung

Tenderfoot
Joined
Nov 26, 2012
Messages
2
Reaction score
1
Golden Thread
0
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The white point was found in a field. The grey point was found near an active spring. I have not seen points made out of the grey material. Anyone have any info on this material or who might have made it?
 

Attachments

  • IMG_0584.webp
    IMG_0584.webp
    11.7 KB · Views: 195
  • IMG_0587.webp
    IMG_0587.webp
    24.2 KB · Views: 326
Upvote 0
Just to compare I found this yesterday and I have never seen this type before either. Is it the same? This one is a preform.
 

Attachments

  • 100_2406.webp
    100_2406.webp
    232.3 KB · Views: 187
grey flint

sorry had to offset pics to get away from flash
 

Attachments

  • Resampled_2012-11-27_08-50-24_7841.webp
    Resampled_2012-11-27_08-50-24_7841.webp
    43.7 KB · Views: 161
  • Resampled_2012-11-27_08-50-48_3101.webp
    Resampled_2012-11-27_08-50-48_3101.webp
    31.8 KB · Views: 137
  • Resampled_2012-11-27_08-51-05_1201.webp
    Resampled_2012-11-27_08-51-05_1201.webp
    47.2 KB · Views: 142
  • Resampled_2012-11-27_08-51-25_6981.webp
    Resampled_2012-11-27_08-51-25_6981.webp
    39.5 KB · Views: 161
grey flint

forgot one
 

Attachments

  • 2012-11-27_08-43-37_4541.webp
    2012-11-27_08-43-37_4541.webp
    128.1 KB · Views: 155
Grey flint. Thanks for sharing photos.
 
The white point is a Barry type, it's made of Keokuk chert. The "gray" piece is simply a broken biface, it's made of Reeds Springs chert. Where are you in Delaware Co?
 
Just to compare I found this yesterday and I have never seen this type before either. Is it the same? This one is a preform.

These are oolitic cherts different types come from different regions cool stuff i find some of it my way from time to time
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom