Farm hunt, 12-31-2023

sibbley

Mar 18, 2023
Nazareth, PA
Detector(s) used
Dr. Otek MT-XR, Ace Apex, Xterra Pro, Nokta Legend, Nokta Makro Impact, Manticore, XP ORX, XP Deus 2 WS6 Master, Deeptech Vista X
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I thought I might have found a great permission. I actually did the research after obtaining permission. What I thought was a very late 1800’s or early 1900’s farm turned out to be on the 1860 map of our township. I had been hoping for some older coins, so far only a couple clad coins. I found a couple interesting pieces in the lower field, but things took a turn today. The field became quiet. Around the house, I’m finding lots of aluminum trash. Plenty of iron too which I started digging today.

Need to get a new shovel to start digging deeper targets. The one I'm using now is too heavy for my right arm. I've had tendonitis for month in that arm and holding that shovel is a real pain. Decided on Predator Tools.

Some neat targets. Bottom right is a straight peen hammer head. I should have set it upright in the photo. Check out that tire iron. That was fun to dig.

P1001267_WM.jpg

Found a paring knife without handle.

P1001266_WM.jpgPICT0013_WM.jpg

My first fork, well part of one anyway.

PICT0015_WM.jpg

A Sears & Roebuck Mallard 12-gauge headstamp 1920-1940.

Sears-Roebuck-1920-1940.jpg

Thanks for looking...

Upvote 14
I thought I might have found a great permission. I actually did the research after obtaining permission. What I thought was a very late 1800’s or early 1900’s farm turned out to be on the 1860 map of our township. I had been hoping for some older coins, so far only a couple clad coins. I found a couple interesting pieces in the lower field, but things took a turn today. The field became quiet. Around the house, I’m finding lots of aluminum trash. Plenty of iron too which I started digging today.

Need to get a new shovel to start digging deeper targets. The one I'm using now is too heavy for my right arm. I've had tendonitis for month in that arm and holding that shovel is a real pain. Decided on Predator Tools.

Some neat targets. Bottom right is a straight peen hammer head. I should have set it upright in the photo. Check out that tire iron. That was fun to dig.

View attachment 2123654

View attachment 2123653View attachment 2123655

View attachment 2123656

View attachment 2123657

Thanks for looking...
I hear ya on those shovels. I have a heavy one too. I take my smaller lighter wait one with me for most digs.
That fork looks like it hit my wifes meatloaf. 🤪
Thanks for the post.
-MM-

Every month or so I sharpen all my digging tools. On my shove;s I had tabs welded or clamped on the shafts so i can slip it over my belt
Looks like you had fun

I keep a couple of the old lug wrenches in my shop tool box, they make great pry bars.

Nice dig. I like the axe heads. Congrats!

I keep a couple of the old lug wrenches in my shop tool box, they make great pry bars.
That was actually my second tire iron for 2023. The other is still in the ground. I marked the spot so I could go back and recover it when they weren't mowing. I never got back.

View attachment 2123654

View attachment 2123653View attachment 2123655

View attachment 2123656

View attachment 2123657

Thanks for looking...
Nice!!! Congrats!!!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back