What's new

Farming wages?

poorhunter78

Bronze Member
Joined
Jul 13, 2008
Messages
1,599
Reaction score
51
Golden Thread
0
Location
WV
Detector(s) used
Fisher F2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
What is a fair price to pay someone to plant 40 tomato plants, 16 green peps, hoe enuff row to sow 1lb corn, 2lb beans. My brother is laid off and I am so far behind. I want to help him out but dont know what to offer him. HELP?
 
pay by the hour and give him a fair wage...like $12-15 per hr....you do want to help him obviously so a high per hr. wage is good, and if he takes his time he can take 3/4 hrs (if you tell him to take his time) ..so about $50/60. (just enough to fill a gas tank, well, maybe not)

very nice of you too to help with jobs.
 
A brother?? Offer him a hundred bucks and, when the stuff is ripe, invite him to dinner. :icon_thumleft:
 
FarmerChick said:
pay by the hour and give him a fair wage...like $12-15 per hr....you do want to help him obviously so a high per hr. wage is good, and if he takes his time he can take 3/4 hrs (if you tell him to take his time) ..so about $50/60. (just enough to fill a gas tank, well, maybe not)

very nice of you too to help with jobs.
packerbacker said:
A brother?? Offer him a hundred bucks and, when the stuff is ripe, invite him to dinner. :icon_thumleft:
Thanks for the suggestions chick, backer. I will have him over maybe this evening. Treat him right $$$.$$
 
family takes care of family :icon_sunny: that is cool to me!! :thumbsup:
 
You might want to keep him out of this heat, or you'll be paying for his hospital stay. :laughing7:
 
Kentucky Kache said:
You might want to keep him out of this heat, or you'll be paying for his hospital stay. :laughing7:
10/4. I dont expect anyone to work in the fires of hell! I actually prefer to sleep through the day, and work nite shift this time of year.
 
poorhunter78 said:
Kentucky Kache said:
You might want to keep him out of this heat, or you'll be paying for his hospital stay. :laughing7:
10/4. I dont expect anyone to work in the fires of hell! I actually prefer to sleep through the day, and work nite shift this time of year.

I hear you.
 
College sophmore from the house above me came down 2 days ago and hiked a 40' ladder and then climbed a red maple to cut 4 limbs that were blocking morning sun from my raised beds .
Helped me and the endloader clean up the mess . 45 minutes actual working time for a job I'm not able to do . Had a good visit , shared a beer with him when the work was done and sent him
on his way ,satisfied, with $25 in his pocket .
 
My brother will be here about 9am he was mowing his grass this evening. Wife and mother-in-law are taking the boy to baltimore to his appt at Johns-Hopkins tomorrow. That leaves me the whole day to try and play catch up. That visit is inchin closer Jim. Unless we get it all done 2mar I probly won't make it. :dontknow:
 
poorhunter78 said:
My brother will be here about 9am he was mowing his grass this evening. Wife and mother-in-law are taking the boy to baltimore to his appt at Johns-Hopkins tomorrow. That leaves me the whole day to try and play catch up. That visit is inchin closer Jim. Unless we get it all done 2mar I probly won't make it. :dontknow:
Sent ya a PM . Grandson strained himself and a dirt bike through a bobwire fence this evening . Waiting on word about him . Tomorrow may not be a good day for a visit .
Jim
 
truckinbutch said:
poorhunter78 said:
My brother will be here about 9am he was mowing his grass this evening. Wife and mother-in-law are taking the boy to baltimore to his appt at Johns-Hopkins tomorrow. That leaves me the whole day to try and play catch up. That visit is inchin closer Jim. Unless we get it all done 2mar I probly won't make it. :dontknow:
Sent ya a PM . Grandson strained himself and a dirt bike through a bobwire fence this evening . Waiting on word about him . Tomorrow may not be a good day for a visit .
Jim
Just hope he's gonna be alright. You stayin up late to hear news?
 
Wonder where Spartacus is? He has been quiet.

Cat must have his tongue. :laughing7:
 
I gotta ask.

By "hoe enough row" what do you mean - is it not plowed or turned over yet?

A pound of corn and 2 pounds of beans is a lot of hoeing.


Beth
 
It has been plowed/turned/tilled. Soil is very loose, ready for seed & plants.
 
whew.gif
 
LOL
I have hoed about 4 acres of watermelons by hand
oh yea, not fun, takes forever and will kill ya !!!! :laughing9:
 
FarmerChick said:
LOL
I have hoed about 4 acres of watermelons by hand
oh yea, not fun, takes forever and will kill ya !!!! :laughing9:
Kills me anymore jus opening the front door! :tongue3: :laughing9: The Allergy probs are so bad right now.
 
Yep! skinned and stitched up I heard, But gonna be ok.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom